Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is marijuana a laxative?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by magicpumpkin, Aug 31, 2010.

1. I don't know about you guys, but whenever I'm high or even just half baked and I take shit, I poo real nice. I know tobacco has some laxative properties, so I was wondering if mary jane does.

2. It is and isn't. I never feel the need to go take a shit or im going to explode high. However, in the event I need to go to the bathroom, it seems to act as a laxative in that case (I'll leave the details to your imagination)

3. [​IMG]

4. This happens more so with cigarettes.
    But weed will make you shit if you were holding one in..
    It relaxes your prostate and other muscles/

5. haha yes with the George Bush picture. However I get his meaning cryptic as it may be. If we are talking smoking weed no it's not a laxative in that sense. It relaxes muscles by it's nature which may allow you to poo more easily. But if we are talking eating weed, like lots of it, if you got them schwag and you just feel like eating it, yeah it's a laxative, since it's quite fibrous.

So yeah. It is and it isn't. It just isn't more than it is.

6. #7 marsdude89, Aug 31, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
    I find that when I smoke a bowl, my constipation goes away. So ya, for me, marijuana is a "laxative".

7. i used to shit everytime i got high for a week and half ....iuno why

and no im not tokin on the toilet

8. if i dont really need to shit it isnt a laxative, but lets say i have to somewhat take a shat, mj is a laxative

9. i don't think its a laxative. maybe you just need to go after killing all those munchies...

10. You spin me right round babay right round

11. yeah it's some type of natural laxative

lots of people with chrons disease smoke for relief

12. I have colitis and the last thing you want to do with chrons is shit more..

13. Aint that the truth!!!!

14. i lol'd

15. I dont think it is i mean if you ate alot of food before then ate more because of the munchies thats prolly why

16. i dont think it is. you probably just letting out last high's muchie run

17. This same thing happened to me today. That's why I'm on this forum :p

18. The THC infused sodas and fruit punches in Colorado make me have to shit after drinking them for whatever reason. Especially the OMG! brand drinks that come with a bonus lollipop. By the time I'm done drinking the bottle and start on the candy sucker, I'm pooping my ass off. Feelsgoodman

19. I know when I get excited to smoke that when I have to poop first XD