Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is making "shoe" hash worth it?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by RobRoyy, Jan 22, 2012.

1. So i have about .6-.7 g nug of some fire, and am contemplating using that and a wii bit of kief to make some "shoe" hash, more or less just to give it a try since I have never before.

Do you think that using this small of an amount is a waste of time? will I just waste weed I could have loaded 2 bowls with?

2. Just hand press the keif alot easier

3. what is hand pressing? do i need a grinder w a press to do it?

4. get parchment paper (like wax paper), fold it down the middle, put the kief (the more the better) in the crease, fold it over, and apply heat from an iron to the kief for like 3 seconds, it'll get gummy, open up the paper and mold it into a ball with your fingers.

5. You have .7 of kief? Or .7 of bud? Either way just smoke it. Compressing is for mobility purposes. And i think it makes you lose some potency.

6. Want the easy, honest answer?

Nope, not worth it

edit- slight tangent, it's kif man, it gets you highhh man, making it into hash just makes it easier to transport. That's really the only reason hash exists in the first place, easier transport. Doesnt' get you any higher than bud.

7. not sure about that. Hash is concentrated THC so actually if you were to smoke .3 of bud or .3 of hash, I can guarantee you you would be higher off the .3 of hash.

8. but you have to use more bud to get that .3 of hash. hence the same high. no matter how you look at it you still got the same amount of thc weather its hash or bud.

9. your logic is fail bro

10. if you dont have at least a gram of just keif dont bother pressing it. if you have .6 of bud though, just smoke it, that will yeild you very little keif.

11. lmfao are you kidding? smoke a gram of hash one day, and then a gram of just bud one day. youll get wayy higher off a gram of hash, it took at least 4-5 grams bud to get that gram of just hash.

12. just sprinkle all of your kief onto one bowl, you wont get a whole lot with .7 of bud

13. soooo why did you call it shoe hash??

14. No one ever said you'd be smoking the same amount of material. You sir clearly missed the point. We're not morons, we know the fact you stated. everyone does. But hey, thanks for reiterating the point.

15. put your bud through a grinder, shake the shit out of it, pack a bowl, and scrape the kief into your bowl. I do it just to watch it bubble and melt :smoke:

16. you guys are missing my point.

to make a gram of hash how much pot do you think you need to do that?

i dont know the answer but im sure its a lot more than a gram.

either way you look at it you still have the same amount of thc.

i read in hightimes a guy made a qp of hash out of a pound of bud. same amount of thc but 3/4 of a pound less weight.

17. Put the kief in a piece of wax paper (on the shiny side), fold it twice so that the kief sits in the middle. Wrap aluminium foil (about 2 layers) around the wax paper package. Heat up a pan a little bit, use the heated pan and press onto the foil and wax paper package for about 30 seconds on each side. Let it cool down. Unwrap it and presto! You have a brick of hash!

18. Oh wait that doesn't actually answer your question :p
    It takes too long to make shoe hash, the above method is much much quicker, plus you don't have to walk with a lump in your shoes!

19. Dump keif in palm of hand , press and knead till dark