Is Lil Wayne the Best Rapper Alive?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by MarijuanaBudha, Apr 24, 2009.

1. I think he is. He's my favorite rapper. My others are T.I. and Kanye West. Although I listen to rock 90% of the time.

2. Delete this thread.

Hes nothing compared to chino xl or biggie in his prime :wave:

3. Todays rap is all shit, he'll most of todays music is shit with few exceptions. This should be in music forums btw.

4. No, not even close.

This is just going to turn into another flame lil' wayne thread but it belongs in the Music Hall anyways.

5. Haha I can't believe how many rap fans are here. I feel completely out of place. I'm a dark, headbanger stoner.

6. Pharoahe monch, sluts.

7. hell fucking no!!!! no way.... i have to admit that i love "famous", but no way does he compare to other rappers...

personally, while im blasted i like to listen to:
    styles p: takes my win
    jadakiss
    jay z
    nas
    benefit
    cunninlynguists
    eminem
    wale: this dude is fuckin ill!!!

8. [​IMG]
    "Biggie Smalls is the illessstttt"​

9. I would have to no...
    But he does have some sweet lines like,

"Mic check 1,2 on the way to third."
    "Flow, Sick."
    "Wrap a Strafe jacket around my words."

Its the first line of the song, but i can't think of the name :smoking:.

10. Best alive? No. Best doing it right now? All things considered, yes.

11. nah no way.although i'm not hating on him,just dont think he's all that great.He's just the fad right now.

I'd have to go with luda.

12. He's dead.

13. #13 MarijuanaBudha, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
    Best rapper alive?
    I hate that my favorite happens to be a lot other peoples like he's a fad or something. His rhymes are hot. and The block is hot!

14. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYuOQDJXjGg]YouTube - Skys The Limit - Lil Wayne - Da Drought 3[/ame]

15. #15 Smokeitdown, Apr 24, 2009
    I don't care. He always was, and always will be the best rapper of all time. You can't even call wayne the best now, or the best of anything. Best rapper alive right now is Jay. Nobody comes close to his wordplay or his flow, and he has been doing his thing and doing it well since the early 90's. Nas had a shot if he didn't sound like he was reciting the most boring bars of his life in EVERY SONG.

While I do listen to wayne on occasion, and only his mixtape stuff, I don't enjoy it enough to give him such a prestigious title. And his new rock album has him poised to lose his slot as an artist of any kind in my mind.

16. Jay is overrated. One great CD. Shit was repetitive too. Nas ethered him.

17. #18 MarijuanaBudha, Apr 24, 2009
    Delete this post if you won't even have the decency to read the thread in the first place.

18. #19 GrandaddyPurps, Apr 24, 2009
    best rapper alive? no

a good rapper? yes

also all haters need to stop sippin that [​IMG]

this is I agree to. but shit look at nas only 2 really good albums he has had are illmatic and stillmatic. and nas has just fallen off, his most recent album was just alot of rambling, now if u look at american gangster 2-3 years later i can still bump most of the songs.

19. Little Wayne is a bitch. He couldn't rap to save his life. Most of the good songs he is on is just him featured and the other artists pulling the weight(Cannon?).

And seriously.... shit like Prom Queen..... He gets no play time on my radio.