Is liking Sublime playing into the stoner stereotype?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Badfish90, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Just saw sublime /w Rome tonight. Matisyahu did a number with them. Also saw the shins. It was a kickass concert/ smoke out.

2. Nah, just like what you like OP. It's only playing into the stoner stereotype if you like Sublime because that's what stoners do. Hell, I honestly enjoy Sublime and Pink Floyd, I just also happen to enjoy smoking ganja.

3. Theres a reason its part of the "stoner culture".,..

and thats because sublime is fucking amazing.

Livin with luie dog is the only way stay sane.

4. Dude Sublime is the best you never need to second guess that shit.

5. [quote name='"davidn420"']There really isn't "stoner music" besides KMK and stuff you know? Music is music and ppl like whatever. All the music I like now I liked before smoking including KMK, pink Floyd, bob marley, Beatles, grateful dead. And all that music is associated with stoners.[/quote]

Dude you just named my favorite bands.

6. My response to this thread: who cares?

Sublime has always made me happy, and some songs even make me sad. People bash them because their music is simple to perform, at least that is what I think. I haven't met anyone who doesn't like Sublime, though.

7. [quote name='"Bluntzilla420"']My response to this thread: who cares?

Sublime has always made me happy, and some songs even make me sad. People bash them because their music is simple to perform, at least that is what I think. I haven't met anyone who doesn't like Sublime, though.[/quote]

Agreed man. Sublime is just one of those bands that everyone will find a song that they like, whether it's Legalize It or Jailhouse.

8. Honestly they're one of the shittiest bands I've ever heard in my life.

9. [​IMG]

10. sublime started out as punk, which is why sublime with rome will never work for me. its not just "stoner music."

its party music brad talks about smoking sure, but he also talks about tweaking fairly often too.

fuck all the haters i love the skank and the realness cant fuck with it

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-B3L-ZNPQs]Sublime- STP (Rare Recording) - YouTube[/ame]

11. Sublime is the shit dude. Who cares if its playing into a stereotype or not, just enjoy the music.

12. load up the bong crannk up the song and let the informer dial 911 and when security police force wanna rise dont try to run dont try to hide just pull out the nine:smoke: sublime is whats up listened to them since i was 11 :smoke::smoke:

13. I've never really listened to Sublime but I love stoner music :D Maybe I should give 'em a few listens sometime. If you think about it most music is stoner music because a whole lotta musicians write/create music while stoned.

14. why do u care

sublime is some of the greatest music ever made in this fucked up world

15. I learned about Sublime through stoners hahah.

16. I used to listen to them a lot, now I only really listen to them when I'm twacked out, along with all my tweaker friends.

17. my sister showed me them when I was really young . Probably before I even knew what a stoner was .

I don't listen to them nearly as much as i used to .

18. damn, i listen to sublime all the fuckin time

must just be me

19. Yeah, I liked them before I started smoking too because I used to really be into punk and ska. I haven't listened to Sublime in a looong time though. But I don't see anything wrong with their music. Fuck stereotypes.