Is life worth it?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by DatDamDog, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Can’t say that I understand cancer because I don’t but I can tell you that I have been told I’m going to die about 20-30 times in my life by doctors and they’ve been wrong. I believe because I’ve always kept fighting instead of giving up its helped me overcome eventually. That and my faith. I also have tried really hard to just worry about today instead of the past or future.

I can also tell you before I had major surgery last year the past few years of my life I was in almost constant pain, my stomach was upset all the time and for a while especially the year before my surgery I felt the same way you do. (My spleen became extremely enlarged and caused varicose veins in my intestines and was pressing on all of my organs before they took it out last year) Feeling like that will fuck with you if you let it. No one knows how it will all turn out but you might as well keep on trying not like you have much to lose.

Good luck with your babies. I don’t like sports either so I know there’s other people like me out there. Get out there and find them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. #42 Firewallet, Sep 14, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019

3. Mine too, the doc's said I have the biggest spleen they have ever even heard of.
    I got a bad liver from diabetes they said and now I pop a vein about every 6 months, wake up 10 days later in the hospital with a 150K helicopter ride bill.
    I'm on the liver transplant list but who knows, somebody had to die for me to live
    I've already lived 2 years past what the doc's said if I didn't get a liver. haha

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. To answer the original question, yes life is worth it. But there’s nothing wrong with admitting that you’ve gotten all you need from it. From what I’ve read here, you’re not done and there’s still a chance for you to realize that future. Me, not so much. Consider yourself lucky and think of what still can be.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. My advise, for what it's worth, have faith in yourself. If you believe that you can survive, then you have a better chance at survival, imho. My grandparents (mother's parents) both died of cancer as did their youngest son, my uncle, just this April. It's in my families blood, so to speak. Live each day as if it were your last, why? Because, again, imho, it just may be. I might go for a walk and get hit by a car, you just never really know. I don't pretend to know your pain or your level (ability) to ignore it. I just hope that you hang on and keep fighting. I think your little plant is adorable and you're doing a good job raising it!! A step in the right direction!!! Keep growing and, just sometimes, forget that you have cancer and smile, even if only for a brief moment. My best to you and yours!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yeah, it is. Although I'm out on bond/pre-trial shit; facing up to 14 years for Trafficking, PWISMD Schedule 2, Manufacture heroin.....I still love life lol. I try not to let anything get me down; you can't. Your life is precious, enjoy it. Live today like it's your last.

7. @Whatpottt123 what about that breaking bad clip do you disagree with

8. I think ur a tool for posting memes and dumb tv clips in this thread.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. #49 Burrito Wizard, Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    Edit: Talked some shit when drunk. Still think you're a dickhead for talking shit and disagreeing with my post when u obviously didn't watch the video I posted and had pretentious reasoning for doing so but am toning down the insults as to not overly be a dick back.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Now this is a post that i like. it's honest and has heart instead of posting a tv show no one gets besides you and your own world of geeks.

lol @ me being a boomer, like born in the 1950s?

im a troll like u but i have limits. when someone is facing what op is facing you want to help as much as possible.

11. Dude you were literally shitting on christianity earlier in the thread. Which I don't believe either but I don't try to break down people's religions when it's helping them get through tough shit.

And now we're all derailing a thread that should be nothing but good vibes...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Dude don't put words in my mouth.
    Dude you're making yourself look dumb.
    Dude go back and see the order of things.
    Dude you might be the 1st person i'm going to block ever on the internet message boards... like ever in my life lol.

13. Dude you're going to block me, for what? I'm done derailing this thread. Just be smart, be compassionate, and be chill. I know you're a good person, let love prevail...

• Like Like x 2

14. Didn’t seem very respectful IMO. But maybe that’s just your prerogative to announce your personal opinions in contrast to opinions you don’t agree with.

In which case, I would not consider that respect. As you don’t admire or regard others the same as your own.

I don’t blame you, I don’t always, either. But I try my best to walk a mile in somebody else’s shoes even if they are some jaggoff.

• Like Like x 1
  15. @DatDamDog perhaps Pandora’s box would of been a better spot of this. Other than that I can tell you this:

A life without reason is a life not worth living. I’ve been majorly depressed almost all of my life for as long as I can remember. I went through elementary-adulthood without any solid parental figures. I was doing it alone and latching on to people that were not good for me and ended up doing unspeakable things to me.

I finally had a mental breakdown when I turned 20, and the thing that kept me going was the thought of maybe helping some people like me get through tough times. I never stopped giving a crap about others.

I just figure that some people were the problem and some people need a hand in life. I never got one, it’s my purpose to help others now.

I became angry. I became a bad person and I hated myself for it. I knew I had to stop and one day it just clicked.

I remember the people that did me the smallest favors in life and it was like a light in the darkness.

I want to be that light for others. Don’t ever forget the shit you’re going through right now because you aren’t the only one. There are others going through crap, some worse, and some better off than you.

You’re not the first one to go through this. But I hope you can be the last. Carry yourself through this because you matter. You matter to the people you haven’t met yet. Make a difference, when things are getting tougher and everyone and everything feels like it’s telling you to quit, never forget that you still have something to leave behind.

Your life isn’t meaningless. even if you don’t see the people that are watching you they see you and everything means something to somebody. If nobody has let you know they care about you, just know i’m some random crazy dude on the internet and I love you. I’m crying for you dude, some guy I’ve never met before in my life. I’ve been there. i’ve Been hopeless, i’ve Felt forsaken, and I would never wish it on my worst enemy nobody deserves to feel like that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. The brain can heal with the belief that u can!!!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  17. I was saying being respectful because I just can't understand how anyone with common sense would believe in an almighty creator. Bible is full of hypocrisy. That being said though I generally say nothing because it gives people hope. Let's be real though the only reason people follow a religion is because they are scared of death and what happens after.

18. If I told you something that went against what you believe, would you think about it?

When you listen to music do you think about the words that are being sung?

People are passionate about religion.

I would be offended and feel disrespected if somebody rationalized my passion into a 20 word sentence of “you done this because of this”

You’re not passionate about religion, I get it.
    But don’t tell people they only enjoy listening to music because they’re bored. It’s rude and closed minded.

• Like Like x 1
  19. If I’m wrong, I lived my life as a good Christian person for no reason. If you’re wrong, you’ll burn in hell for eternity. I’ll take my chances with God.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Pascal’s wager.

• Winner Winner x 1