Is less more?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by EhCanada, Feb 16, 2017.

1. So im about to start my little grow going i got a 4x4 Tent using a 1000 Watt kind led ,
    The only thing i cant decide is less are more plants. im pretty new only my second grow , I've learned a lot from my last one but what im trying to figure out should i do 4-5 Plants in bigger bags 7 gallonish or 9-10 plants smaller gallon i want to scrog them this time , im going for yield that is most important thing to me. im kind of leaning toward 4-5 because i just feel like i would have to worry about the health of less plant , IDONT KNOW . anyone got some advice?

P.s i will be growing in soil !

4-5plants 7-9 gallon bags

or 9-10 plants 3-5 gallon bags input please!

2. Use excellent quality grow soil. Believe me, it's worth the money you pay for it. We use Roots Organics Original and have for years. I use no additional nutes in my plants. I grow regular photo strain types (no autos) and when my plants use up the nutrients in the soil, they get repotted into a slightly larger container and fresh soil which then feeds them for several more weeks. Nutes are vitally important for the hydro grower, but what the soil grower needs is already in a good quality soil. As far as how many plants to grow, it's been my experience that less will yield you more. You will always get more weight at harvest from a single plant that gets all the excellent quality and wattage of light it needs during flower along with plenty of space for optimal light penetration below the canopy of the plant, than you will get by trying to flower 3 in the same space. We use 4 1000 watt HPS fixtures per flower room here, approximately 10 x 14 ft., and I run 2 plants per light. This has gotten our yield to between 3.5 and 4+ oz after harvest and cure. Growing more plants means crowding plants together which shades out light from getting beneath the canopy of the plant and doesn't allow the buds below the tops to develop out fully. So if I had a 4 x 4 tents, I would go with 2 or 3 plants max. HID works for flower but the plants LOVE the HPS lighting spectrum. If you can switch over to that, you will probably get better response from your plants in the flower cycle. Best of luck to you. TWW

3. in a 4x4 I would do four plants and let each one have its own 2x2 scrog space.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I agree with nfhiggs.

4 in 7 gallon, make 4x4 scrog, and make sure to lst as soon as possible to get the side branch to react and start becoming main stalk like. Or you can do the manifold lst where you top and split it evenly.

Before you start, it will get bushy and will have branch shooting everywhere. So arrange the pot and trellis to benefit you. Make sure to have space you can fit incase you need to check for problem or feeding time. Last thing you want is you can't reach the furthest plant because of space and can't move the trellis once all 4 start threading through.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk