Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is keeping weed in the fridge safe?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Smoke4Free420, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Im going away for orientation for 3 days and i wanted to know if keeping my weed in the fridge will keep it fresh for when i come back or if it will just ruin my stash

2. works just fine

3. the fridge is pretty humid, I say freezer.

4. I've been told that keeping weed in the fridge for prolonged periods of time, 'dried it out' or 'makes a better environment for mold to grow on it'

When I lived in the dorms, I would stash my weed in my minifridge when I was high and paranoid about the smell. But usually I just kept it in a pill bottle, which was good enough.

People say different things, I honestly don't think it's a big deal for a day or so.. but for 3 days? Whats the harm in just bagging it and leaving it in your room? Then again, my statements are not really validated by any real evidence..

5. Refrigeration is a bad idea (possibility of mold); the freezer would work, but that is really unnecessary since you're only going to be gone 3 days. Just store it in any dry, airtight container and it'll be fine

6. You need to buy an airtight glass jar to hold your herb at all times, thats common sense. After you have it in there, theres no need to put it in any refridgerator or freezer. It just needs to be stored in a place where theres no light and is pretty cool. This will give you the least chances of any of the herb to be spoiled by mold infestation.

7. I would recommend against both.
    Air-tight Jar is the way forward

8. Yeah just get a jar, dude. I don't even have one; I rarely have weed for more than a few days. but 3 days will be fine if you just chuck it in a dark place in an airtight-as-possible container. You'll be sweet.

9. To be honest it will be fine in a baggy for 3 days, I don't know what you're worrying about. I'd only be fussed about an airtight jar if you were stashing it for a week +

10. The problem with plastic baggies is that trichs will stick to the inside of the bag.

Best to use a cheap air-tight mason jar that you can get at any supermarket and just store the jar in a dark place. Freezer or fridge is not needed. Can store for years this way.