Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it wrong to collect?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by RollinMan, Nov 29, 2010.

1. So I am still kind of green to the whole smoking realm. (pun intended) I love everything about getting high and being a stoner which I have come to accept I am. I love the people, the culture, the history, the strains, the memories made from toking, good toking spots, even made a few of my own pieces out of wood, but the one thing I am unsure of is if every smoker collects pieces? I have been smoking for about 4-6 months now (might of forgot one or two from being to high) and I have a Sherlock bubbler named Azreal (+rep if you now the history behind the name) and a spoon/bowl named Suzie Q. Now I am getting a pipe that looks a lot like Gandalfs pipe, pretty excited about it.

Enough of the rant, I like to collect pieces, ones that catch my eye or seem way cool or interesting and not just glass, but wood and ceramics too. My roommate who got me into smoking has a bong, and the straight edge roommate we converted has a bowl, but they have no interest in getting another piece. I was just wondering does anyone else collect pieces?

2. i also collect i just added an 8 inch long axe shapped pipe

3. haha nice you named your pipe azreal, i bet it really kills;) when you take a good rip,
    i think its natural for every smoker to collect pipes, theyre just beautiful works of art, each and every one
    angel of deaaaath!!!!!!!!!

4. Yeah, its a really K.O. punch.

They really are beautiful, I like to search the interwebz for handmade pieces from like local people, it makes sure its one of a kind and they have a little bit more if not much more unique designs than big named manufacturers.

5. i fucking love collecting pieces. they are works of art, and they have memories attached to them. it's an expensive hobby though :(

6. if naming the pieces after angel of death is going to have killer rips, please tell me I am not screwed since I named my pipe Pestilence :X

7. yes right now i have a bong named hulk becuse its green my bowl not named green spirals my spoon/bowl 8 ball becuse it has 8 dots on the glass a glass blunt an acrilic bong named jester my auto onie oh ya my chillum named spiral

8. im not sure if you named the pipe after the comic or the base meaning though

9. i named it hulk becuse it is a 8 inch in hight and it has 1 in glass and it has green lines going though it basically becuse of the thick glass

10. That is a hulking pieces

11. I like making wooden pipes.Glass blowing is amazing but its pretty expensive and if your not good your fucked.Had a friend who worked at a shop made lots of turtles,dolphins,crabs,octopi.Not sure if he ever made a bong though.

12. I think it really depends on:

What country you live in
    How it's displayed if at all
    Who frequents the place that it IS displayed.

Personally I wouldn't collect...I mean maybe a few vapourisers when I get some more but only for the fact I don't want to throw out perfectly good one/s I have.

13. Nah nothing wrong with collecting. There are times I buy pieces just for the Fuck of it or just cause it looked Badass, even though i have like 6 other pieces at home. :laughing:

14. [​IMG]
    This is my next piece, its a 10 inch steam with a 2 inch bowl. It is suppose to be a color changing remake of Gandalf's pipe. I cant wait to name that one. I am a teacher so this will feel much better when I m grading papers.

15. Azreal and Suzie Q, went two different ways there huh lol

Also I love the Gandalf idea, you may have just inspired me friend!

16. Chillums all the way!

17. Yeah, the way I viewed it, one will kill you if your not careful, the other is just a classy bitch. Made sense to me to name them that way.

Glad my lotr obsession could inspire you to do epic things.

18. My Da Buddha, followed by the MFLB and j's :smoke: