Is it worth the price

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by SmokehTehBerr, Dec 15, 2011.

1. So, my tib got totaled a while back. Time to get a new ride. Guy came into my place of business trying to see if anyone wanted to buy a car. He was asking 1500. I let him know i'd be interested in his 1997 Honda Civic DX hatchback. If your not familiar with these cars, (This particular trim, the slowest) this motor produceses about 100hp. These cars are slow. But, with some TLC im sure it could be a pretty cool build for Auto-x, street, and occasional drag strip.

Anyways, its a clean title and all that good stuff, turns out he needs some cash for down payment on a new car since he has twins on the way and just wants it gone. Well, i investigated it, interior in very good condition. Other than the absince of a cd player and a couple speakers (luckily i have plenty of friends that can help me with fixing that) it has been well taken care of and looks like some old lady took care of it.

HE painted it blue for some reason. He said becouse he didnt like red. Its not the best paint job in the world but since I talked him down to a grand I cant be to mad about it I guess haha

I test drove this car on some wet twisty back roads for a mile ish and it was pretty confident just SLOW.

Attached Files:

2. Good condition and only a grand? Go for it! And then mod it up! It looks like it has some type of potential.

3. #3 SmokehTehBerr, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2011
    As of abotu 20 minutes ago he is trying to bring me back up to 1200 pretty hard... I think Ill still get it though

Yeah I would love to throw on a nice set of 4x100 gold/bronze rota grid offroads (I just think they look good), street-able suspension, and a GSR turbo swap build.... One day maybe hah

4. Definitely worth the price, considering you can fix these up and do a lot to it

5. Yep, I am very excited about it. Unless he backs out on me we are picking it up tommorrow

Ill update this thread with more pics once I get a chance to see the car again and take them

6. Pretty good deal for what can be a decently fun car to drive. Please dont rice it out tho, get a rear sway bar instead.