Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it worth making BHO

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by smokinthaherb, Jan 4, 2012.

1. With a quarter?

2. If you really want to try some bho, maybe. You would get about a gram.

3. Should 1 can be enough?

4. Grind up the bud before extracting or keep them whole?

5. from what ive red on the subject.
    you wanna break the buds down into small nugs,not grinded but broken apart and you wanna pack the tube tightly so there are no air pockets.
    one can will be plenty for a quarter.
    also you should only run it till the butane coming out the end of your tube is clear,which will be way before that can is empty.

id say its worth it if you wanna try BHO,just read up on it before you do it,i suggest going over to tokecity they have alot of guides and how to's n how to make BHO.

6. Well i have seen people make it before and they just put water in a tray and use another tray for the oil. My friend said to use hot water so the butane evaporates quicker. I also have a honey bee extractor that i bought from a head shop. Now i just need to find proper butane. How much is a can of high end butane? $8?

7. tonster, You ever do a run yourself?

OP, theres a TON of info on BHO. Make sure you read the procedure well enough before you waste a 1/4 of bud.

I would also write everything down as much as possible, that way you can sort of tweak with different things and see how it affects the end result.

8. I thought it was quite simple making BHO? Ok though ill read all the info i can. Thanks :)

9. Is there any step by step instructions on grasscity?

10. search button works fine btw

11. Okay.

12. Probably not a ton but theres definitely some decent guides. Theres a few good stickies on tokecity that I've skimmed through, but didn't see a step by step with pictures. Youtube could probbaly help too.

13. Yeah im going to go check out youtube right now. Thanks man.

14. I've made BHO one time, with a half o.
    I grinded up the bud very fine.
    Packed the extractor as TIGHT as i could
    Then blew about a quarter of a can of vector through it, 3 seconds on 3 secs off for like 15 seconds. Then did a second run and put butane in until it came out looking clear.
    Got 1.5 first run (AMAZING quality)
    Second about .5 of lesser quality bho.
    I'd say its worth it :) Youve got to atleast try it once :p

15. Did you mix the lesser quality with the AMAZING quality?

16. No way lol I mean you could, if all you care about is quantity.
    If thats the case, then just blow about half a can of vector through until it comes out clear :)
    And PLEASE wait until ALL of the butane is gone.
    I smoked some BHO one time, that didn't have the butane completely purged, and it gave me a KILLER headache. :/
    Leaving it in front of a heater/ on top of a candle warmer or the easiest, (Can't remember the name for some reason LOL) Take the container with the butane, and set that into another container with warm water in it and let it sit for about an hour, changing the water like every fifteen minutes so it stays warm :smoke:

17. Do i need a heater? Can't i just use the hot water method?

18. You can use the warm water soak :) Just don't put the bho in direct contact with the water (In case you misunderstood what i was explaining lol) But it will work fine :) Just make sure you see NO bubbles in there. Heating it on a pad/heater would get the remaining butane out, but i doubt there is much butane in their after an hour or two of warm water :)

19. Alright ill just soak it in water for 2-3 hours. Thanks man.

20. No problemo!
    Enjoy the BHO!
    I'd like to see some pics of the finished product! haha