Is it weird to date someone with the same name as a family member?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by ticklemefancy, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Pretty much self explanatory. Opinions?

2. The only awkwardness I'd foresee from that is saying something like, "Yeah, so-and-so and I boned hard last night," and having people think you're drilling your mom. Or something to that effect.

It could be weird at first, but that's what pet names are for, right? I wouldn't be deterred by it, if it were someone I could truly see myself being with.

3. Wtf no?

4. Hahah alright thanks guys. I never really saw it as super weird, but felt other people might.

5. As long as her name isn't Mom, then no.

6. i knew someone who boned multiple guys with the same name as her brother. slightly weird..but not if you dont think about it. it would feel odd to date someone with the same name as my dad or brother at first

7. Only if it's the same last name.

8. #8 Finger My Urethra, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2012
    Women, by the powers invested in me by the Council of Men, i forbid you from reading any further into this post.

I'm serious...We're watching.

Man Law 1231816 States as follows:

If ones partner shares the same name as a sibling, mother or father..This is fine. However, if they look the same, a panel of 3 of your closest friends (Obviously male) must accompany you, with a picture of said family member, and determine if the inidividual, in question, does infact look like said family. If they cannot decide, an accurate nose measurement must be done to determine if the inidivudals nose's are the same length.

If your partner does not pass this test, you must explain to her that you have broken Man Law and must ratify the situation immediatly by breaking up with her while your panel of 3 of your closest friends stands idly by to enjoy every moment of said break up.

9. I wouldn't date someone with the same name as an immediate family member. That's just me though.

10. What the fuck kind of thread is this? A stupid one.

11. Yes i feel like it would be awkward for me so I'd just give them a nickname or call them something else probably

12. its weird not to date someone because they have the same name as a family member.

13. No.
    Pqjenfcpso