Is it true?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by MkMalta, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Are police trying to do side of the road blood tests for legal states as far as determining if you are driving stoned?!

2. No. I'd like to know who told you that, you shouldn't take anything they say from now as fact. Also this really isn't the right forum for this.

3. Was on the radio and then later heard on here. Two sources, so I start to hear the worse

4. Yeah I heard that too

_________
    Keep smoking the holy herb

5. I'll believe it when I get an actual source. They cannot submit people to blood tests as some people have immense fear of needles. I'd rather be taken in than poked with a needle by some untrained cop.

6. #6 SuperPhreak, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2013
    Doesn't matter, have a vid camera rolling and explain to them it is unconstitutional, warrant-less detainment/search. People do it all the time with dui checkpoints, and internal border checkpoints. the vid camera scares them into following the law, without it, enjoy being walked on.

EDIT: Fuck my bad I read op wrong, thought you meant checkpoints... Fuck my bad I'm in a haze right now if you get what I'm saying.... kosher kush.

7. I'm pretty sure they are. They already set legal limits in alot of states....
    I think it was Washington that set it to be 5 nanograms?

"Under a provision intended to make the recreational legalization of weed more palatable to voters, people with a THC blood content of 5 nanograms per milliliter can't get behind the wheel."

Which is such a small amount that even not high or smoking that day you could be over the legal limit.

8. I don't really forsee this being an issue in Colorado. I think they are only going to go after people who's cars just absolutely reak of it. Which by all means, I have an issue with people driving around the city getting blazed as shit behind the wheel. I will wholeheartedly admit though, I cannot get through a several hundred mile road trip without smoking but that kind of driving and inner city driving are completely different.

9. ^"I hate when people smoke weed while driving.....except when I do it!!!"

10. Why cant your car reek? that would be one of my top spots to smoke if i lived in Colorado as i cant smoke in my house and my car has heat

11. driving under the influence will still be illegal like it is now, and I am sure police will go hard on people who's cars smell like marijuana and are under the influence while driving

12. Like I said.. Smoking and driving in downtown Denver vs smoking and driving on I70 that is completely empty is completely different. I don't want some stoned moron to rear end me during rush hour traffic. Actually that would be sweet I love pocketing insurance claims.

PROBABLE CAUSE MAYBE?!

If you're stoned behind the wheel and an officer can blatantly smell it, he's going to harass you about it straight up and might try to blood test you/urine test you back at the station. If you're high and there is no odor well they can't really prove shit unless you fail a field sobriety test. Which even while under the influence of marijuana should be easy to pass.

Also don't be a bitch. I live in Colorado with my sister/brother in law and I cannot smoke indoors. Since I moved out here I have not once gotten in my car and drove around smoking bowls. I sit my ass outside rain sleet or snow and toke up. Nothing like hitting a bong buried in 8 inches of snow in 17 degree weather. Luckily I can use my Volcano indoors though.

Atleast somebody gets it. :bongin:

On the rare occasion I do toke in the car (Like I said, hundred mile road trips...) I always have a stealth products pouch with me. It is an activated carbon lined bag that conceals the smell very well. With my chillum and tight vac jar in there you can't notice anything. Not saying it would prevent a dog picking it up but it is definitely effective against a human nose.

13. A joint or two is the only way I'll take weed in my car...in Florida a paraphernalia charge will take you to jail....I can eat a couple of joints while being pulled over, don't think I could eat a bag and bowl....

14. Its this kind of shit that worries me about legalization. How is it that they can pull you over, blood test you, and you get arrested even though you didn't actually smoke anything that day? 5 nanograms? How much does it take to put 5 nanograms of THC in your system, fucking half a hitter? It's almost entrapment in my eyes.

So, MJ's legal, but if you smoke one day and get behind the wheel a week later without smoking, they pull you over and you still have 5nanograms in your system. WHY is this shit going through and everyone just thinks its just fuckin fine???

15. I can't say I believe this either, randomly forcing people to give blood, and to the cops at that? Not only would no-one comply on the grounds that it is fucking stupid, you can have THC in your system and be sober, it hangs around for a while.

Not only that but I myself have developed a very bad fear of needles, I can't even stand watching someone use them on TV, much less let some idiot untrained cop poke around with a needle, go stab your doughnuts with a straw and suck the jelly out, leave my blood alone.