Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it true that 99% of THC is absorbed within the first secound?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Hiddenclowns, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Read the title ^

2. In the first three. Id say about 33% in the first second. :smoking:

3. 99% in the first 3 and 45 in the first second

(i heard dont quote me)

4. hight times said 7 seconds

5. #5 Marijuana., Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2009
    There is no way to tell the exact percentage of THC that is composed in every hit for however much time but it is estimated that it takes up to 8-10 seconds to fully absorb a large majority of the THC in your hit. Though if you hold them even longer, such as twenty seconds, you will get higher.

Correct. After those first ten you will very slowly absorb what little THC is left over but the lack of oxygen to your brain repeatedly as you take hits will cause you to become more euphoric and high.

6. In under 10 seconds you absorb over 90% of the THC that you can absorb without exhaling and inhaling again. Your lungs stop absorbing it after a point. There is still THC in the smoke you exhale; you can't can't really absorb anymore after around 5 seconds.

7. I've read anywhere from 3 to 5, to even 10 seconds.

8. The only research has been done is rather sporadic, like most cannabis research, but yes it's in the order of 5 seconds to 10 seconds.

9. Correct. After those first ten you will very slowly absorb what little THC is left over but the lack of oxygen to your brain repeatedly as you take hits will cause you to become more euphoric and high.[/quote]

Along with reposting the old information I'd like to add a very important factor in this equation which is tolerance. Without a doubt having a high tolerance will effect the amount of time your hits need to be held in but only slightly. I say this because beginning smokers often cough within' a second of inhaling, if at all, and still get high... I, however, have major problem achieving the level of high that satifies me and hold hits in up to thirty seconds at a time.

10. I really hope you don't believe that and/or do that. I don't ever hold my hits in general, I just inhale and then inhale a little more to inhale the rest of the smoke in my mouth and then I blow it out, it's never more than 3 seconds. The euphoric feeling that you may think is you getting higher is actually oxygen deprivation which is making you light headed. Please don't hold in smoke for more than 10 seconds, that's just stupid.

11. We'll know once it's legalized, heh.

12. Im pretty sure the longer you hold it the higher and the more THC you get.

But there is a point where its just better to let it out. I ussally hold mine for 3-8ish secs. I try not to hold it in too long since it just taste and feels gross if I hold it in any longer. When I pass 8 seconds it just feels like I have car exhuast in my lungs. The first 3 seconds is pure heaven though.

The reason you might feel higher if you are holding it longer is becuase you are depriving yourself of oxygen and you are keeping in the carbon monoxide in your lungs.

13. im new so i did about 3 secs and that was just Fine

14. first answer i have ever heard that actually sounds legit and explains how shotguns work

15. Now they didn't. I read the magazine and it said that almost all of it was absorbed within the first 3 (or at least right around there).

16. I think 1st second is 95%. I hold it for 2-3 seconds and none longer.

17. within 5 seconds u get most the THC