Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it true maybe edibles work better if you dont decarb the weed?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by MattmPsi, Jan 7, 2019.

1. The title says it all really. My friend says he makes firecrackers and doesnt decarb it first because when you heat the weed inside the peanut butter 350 for 30mins that declarbs the weed itself. Is that true or not?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Maybe. I have learned not to second guess folks. If he says it works for him, it must work for him. That doesn't mean he got optimal results. Not saying a decarb at 240F for 40 minutes is always perfect. Typically bud in oil, or peanut butter takes longer to decarb. But, hey, don't mess with success. That said I will always decarb for edibles. His 350F for 30 minutes must achieve some decarb, if not total decarb.

3. I doubt it is going to be better not decarbing the weed. It is just skipping an important step, sure he is probably still getting stoned because it is being activated somewhat, but why not just take the extra 40 minutes and do it right?

• Agree Agree x 2

4. You need to decarb to make it work... You can get high from solid hash that hasn't been decarbed but you need to eat more so it's easier to just decarb lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I have used that basic recipe with great success on many occasions.
    Not now I decarb all weed at 240F x 40min just to be sure.

Personally I think it burns better when smoking after decarb.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Single bake firecrackers decarb in oil during the baking.
    In air decarb is more efficient.

• Like Like x 1
  7. If cured properly you shouldn't need to decarb it. You don't decarb it before you smoke it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. What lol why would you decarb hash before you smoke it?? OP is on about edibles not smoking lol

Idk how the hash i get is cured it's fresh out of Morocco in 9oz bars lol

9. I know. Not everyone uses hash for edibles. I'm talking about cannabutter/oil made from bud or trim

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Oh yeah that makes sense then dude lol I rarely buds to make edibles since it'd cost me double what hash does:laughing:

• Like Like x 2
  11. That's why I use my trim

• Like Like x 1
  12. Once mixed in oil or PB the decarb takes much longer and it's pushing the degrade point of becoming CBN the sleep version cannabinoid.
    Curing only decarbs over a long time like 4 months to 12 months. I'm not willing to wait that long.
    GIGO = Garbage in garbage out. I use the best of my buds and smash them into the highest grade Kief I can for making my edibles as I need the strongest meds I can possibly make.
    No trim and crap here. I toss the garbage in the compost heap where it belongs.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Your friend has found a why to skip decarbing that works for him. Your title ask if not decarbing might make edibles better, yet you make no case for why. Could you please elaborate on your posted premise.

• Funny Funny x 1