Is it too late to start an outdoor grow?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Trigger, Sep 5, 2009.

1. I have 3 seeds germinating right now and I will be moving them outdoors as soon as I see some tap roots.

I already have a spot Im gonna grow at but is it too late in the season to even try..

Dont really care im doing it anyway lol but I wanted some advice on what to expect..

I live on a mexiborder state so temps are still pretty warm and will stay warm for another

2 monthish... I figure I have enought time for my plants to get about a foot tall or so before they start to flower...

I will be extremely happy with just a half oz yeild from these 3 plants but as this is my first grow I have no idea what to expect....

Peace

2. should be ok... im not a pro so i cant tell you if it will 100% work... but i only started mine 2-2 1/2 weeks...

3. Dude. They will start to flower as soon as you put them outside.

Too late, try next year.

4. do you think I could get any smokable bud out of them?

Hell I dont even care if it's just a gram

5. if you dont care jus grow them anyway...

6. I am definitely going to be doing this grow...

I figure its just like starting an indoor plant on the 12/12 cycle.

I wont have a very big plant but hopefully I will have some smokable herbage.

Anyone else ever start an outdoor grow this late in the season?

7. depends on where you live. im in the northeast and our season is done by oct nov.

8. dont expect any bud. expect to maby gain experience on germination

9. Dude i live in socal and i am at the same stage as you. If you veg indoors for a couple weeks and then plant them outside, you might have better luck, especially if your strain is an autoflower. I know where i live, the first "frost" isn't until around november, so it will kind of just be like a late harvest for me.

10. Yea im on a mexico boarder state... I dont expect a frost until mid to late novemeber.

MY SEEDS GERMINATED!!!!! Im so happy they are just some bagseed from some good mids I smoked about a week ago

I think It would be impossible for me to veg them indoors as I live with my parents but I at least have germinating experiece haha and I think this grow will be more to get my feet wet and gain some growing experience than to actually expect some kind of harvest....

Ill get pics up if I can... I only have a shitty cellphone camera but it will have to do

Peace

11. Please, dont do this, not worth the time nor the effort.

12. Congratulations! You win the prize for the 100000th "is it too late" post! :hello: No offense bro, I just couldn't resist.

13. AWESOME! what did I win?

14. WAY too late for this year. A shame you have wasted your seeds.

15. This... sorry but it's true :(

16. Where do you live? depending on the length of days where you are you might be able to veg them for a little while indoors and then put it out to flower.

I live in florida and down here i have seen people pull plants for harvest in februrary that were put outside in november.

17. He said he gets frost in November.. it's not worth the time at all. Waste of seeds.

18. why the hell is this question even being asked. this is ridiculous, its septemeber!!! i planted mine 4 months ago, god i wish people would do a little research before asking stupid questions. this site is so helpful and its a shame when people who need real advice are drowned out by stupid questions that keep getting asked over and over again.

19. I didn't waste seeds... They are just bagseed from some mids...

Im in texas and it's not like I ordered some some crazy femmed seeds.

All I wanted to know was if someone else had planted this late in the season with any kind of result?

My goals are not even smokeable bud... If I get some that's a bonus... Im just trying to gain some experience.

Sure it's september but it's still 90+ degrees outside and it wont be getting cooler untill late october... First frost will be late november to early december...

Anyway I will post pics and keep this grow updated and hopefully I can get a bowl out of my troubles...