Is it too late for my flowering plant?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Eezy as 123, Jun 27, 2012.

1. First off, this is my first grow.

I'm in an early stage of flowering and my leaves are starting to turn yellow and die. I've also had to put strings around it to keep it standing up. If not for the sticks and string, the plant would lean over, pretty far, as if it were dying. Also, there are a bunch of tiny black dots (like pepper) all on my leaves. Both on top and on bottom of them. I can actually wipe off the black dots.

I have barely used any nutrients, other than what's in the potting soil (Miracle Grow), all throughout my grow. This is my first problem with it. I recently bought Miracle Grow Bloom Booster, and it hasn't done a thing. My brother told me to crush up egg shells and put it on the soil, so I did. Still nothing. More and more leaves are dying and the yellowish/redish/brownish spots are getting worse.

Is it too late to save it? Should I give it 48hrs. of darkness, then harvest what little buds I have? If it's not too late, what should I do?

2. the yellowing sounds like you've exhausted the ferts in the soil, and they're hungry for nitrogen. you say you're in early flower, and wonder if you should harvest now for the few buds you have??? if you're in early flower, you shouldn't have any buds. please explain, and are you ph'ing???

3. This sounds like mold. And the whole thing sounds pretty terrible. And harvesting sounds pointless (as far as I can tell without pictures). I'd say scrap it, read A LOT of threads here on GC, and start again better prepared. (Better soil, regular feeding schedule, monitoring pH, NO MICRACLE GRO!)

4. I guess I'm mistaken. My buds are about 1/2 inch tall. Just little tiny ones all over. And no, I'm not ph'ing. I'm growing this plant just for sh!ts & giggles. I just randomly grew this plant under my computer desk light, and it just got bigger and bigger so I just decided to put it in a 5gal. bucket and put it under aquarium lights, and this is where I'm at now.

5. yeah, if you have mold like ploke said, trash it! moldy bud will fug-up your lungs for sure!

6. Ok, thanks.

Why do you say no miracle gro? Meaning the powder mix or the soil?

7. [quote name='"Eezy as 123"']

I guess I'm mistaken. My buds are about 1/2 inch tall. Just little tiny ones all over. And no, I'm not ph'ing. I'm growing this plant just for sh!ts & giggles. I just randomly grew this plant under my computer desk light, and it just got bigger and bigger so I just decided to put it in a 5gal. bucket and put it under aquarium lights, and this is where I'm at now.[/quote]

If it's just for "shits and giggles" then why bother posting a thread asking for help? Just go giggle about it.

8. #8 Eezy as 123, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
    Can you get mold even though you keep a circulating fan blowing into the closet in which I have them in? I only turn the fan off during the 12hr. of darkness.

9. mg is great for a flower garden, but not so much for pot. it'll work, but why eat spam when you can have steak? spam being m.g., steak being almost any other line of nutes out there, lol!!!

10. Because it's not funny anymore. It was at first. :D

11. What kind of soil should I use next time?

12. use something that has no nutes. that way you know whats in it, and how much.

13. Would the dirt outside be ideal?