Is it time for transplant??

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by mcjunior, Aug 29, 2016.

1. My girl is 14 days old now. Today is her water day aswell. No roots coming out of the bottom yet but leafs are just about to the edges. Should I transplant today? Thanks. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Hmmm i usually transplant once I notice she needs water wayyy too often. Usually you are watering every 4-5 days in solo cups, which can vary a bit depending on temps. But once she is in need of water every 2 days or so, I transplant.

You can transplant now if you would like. Just be extra careful since it wont have the root mass to bring all the dirt with it. And with that, in the past I have torn some roots on the way out. But once she has filled out that cup with roots, it is really easy to slide out.

Looking good so far though

3. Ok so it's day 14 today. How many more days should I wait? I planned on day 21 but is that still too soon? I'm growing in a PC box so I'm kind of racing time as I don't want the plant to grow too big before I get to LST and kick into flower.

4. I wait till I see the root tips coming out of the bottom. If you transplant too early there may not be enough root mass to hold it together and the ball can crumble and damage roots. Water two days before transplant. Don't want it too wet or too try.

5. Day 21 sounds better. You can begin lst once u see anything starting to pop out under the main top. Then just keep pinning it down.

6. Ok. Can you rephrase "pop out under the main top" I was kinda confused as to what that means. Thanks a lot for your input btw.

7. Transplanting is generally done when the roots have no more room to grow. If the majority of dirt in the cup comes out with the roots keeping it compact, it's time. Doing so early can result in damage to roots. Be very gentle while doing so. Time to do this varies from variety to variety. Your girl looks like she is still too young, still possessing her starter leaves. She will require another week or two but appears to be super healthy and happy. I bet she'll be a good producer for you? May I ask what strain and medium you planted her in? I see perlite. Is that bark mixed in? An organic mix?

8. #9 mcjunior, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    I'm not sure of the strain. It's a bag seed that I've had for a while. Right before this I was growing Pineapple Express and I killed it. So I figured I would try to grow this one before I wasted anymore good seed. As far as my soil at the bottom of the cup I am using Kindsoil organic soil. At the top I am using BushDoctors Coco Loco by FoxFarm. Kindsoil is a water only system and it was advised to use a high porosity top soil like coco loco. This is a total organic grow and I plan on not using any liquid nutrients. Also thanks for your input!

9. Right on, man. I used to grow with bag seed way back. Got both amazing and less than amazing plants. I'm curious what she'll grow up to be. Those young serrated leaves are known to change shape during maturity in veg. Looks like she has a plethora of indica traits at the moment. I've never used those soils you mentioned. I've utilized plenty of Fox Farms but not the Coco Loco. Let us know how she continues to develop. I'm curious to see her in flowering. Best of luck and God speed, my man. Cheers to ya!

• Like Like x 2
  10. I will keep the thread updated with photos man. Thanks for the advice!

• Like Like x 1
  11. I would recommend waiting a bit. She isn't old enough to be root bound. If you do it now, I would definitely cut the cup away from the plant as to keep it all together.

12. repot, you dont want roots checking out the plastic only to give them bigger shoes a week later

• Like Like x 1
  13. Day 23. Transplanted on day 20 and I'm currently trying to LST. Y'all don't laugh it's my first grow lol. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. I just decided to start 12/12 today too. Fuck it lol.

15. shudda used bigger container

16. Agreed! but I don't have much space. Im getting a bigger box in a few weeks though.

17. I will have another box this week.

• Like Like x 1