is it the time?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BLOodice, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Hello guys my flowers are like 80% brown hairs and it seems thats the time to cut it but i just saw the lower buds are like 15% brownish is it normal? should i cut it now or wait untill the lower buds get more brown hair!!! and what will happen if i've delayed in cutting the plant? thank you guys this is a wonderfull forum keep up the good work.

PS: sorry i cant post pictures my cam got stolen :s

2. Sorry to hear about your camera. You can harvest anytime you want, it just depends on what quality your looking for

3. I would invest in a small microscope and see the colors of the trichones (sp?)

4. usually the strongest is when it is like 80% brown will give a head and body high right?

5. and the damn camera man it was a damn sony 9.5mp

6. guys comeon i really needs some help the top buds are like 90% brown now and the lower buds are like 25% brown should i cut it or wait? and if i have to wait till when???

7. u could harvest the top and leave the bottem to mature alittle more, ther not getin as much light so ther maturing slower, or u could harvest and u'd probly get a more cerebral high from the lower and more stonie from the top,, what strain is it? enjoy!

also if u got a magnifier like giro said check the tric's

8. Dude look.. radio shack has a 9.99 microscope.. you can see the trichomes and make the decision, stress can turn the pistols brown, then new ones grow, so dont make the call by them especially if you are new to growing.. spend the 10 bucks youll save it it green......to answer your question yes there is a window to pick, to early or to late has a negative effect...so take a breath and get a scope.....

9. would cutting the top affect the quality of the bud?

10. no taking the top bud does not decrease quality.as said above you would be wise to invest in a microscope as days to flower or brown hairs is not a accurate way to know when to harvest. buy the microscope check the trics on the top bud and if its ready chop it leave the rest if not ready until they are.in the search button you will find what tric color to look for!!!! good luck with your harvest!!!