Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it supposed to be like this?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TSULLI, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Ok I know there are some threads on what being high feels like but I didnt really see any that explains what its like for me...

When I smoke there are usually 2 stages... The first is if I have just a tiny bit I feel a little more relaxed but I feel perfectly normal and certainly not high...

The second is I have a little bit more and its starts to get weird. When I move my head to the side it feel like someone just twisted my head really hard to the side and it kinda makes me dizzy for a sec and sends a weird feeling through my head and into my chest. Also i cant understand what people are saying... I think things are happening that arent happening like someone walking by who did NOT actually walk by... And if I dont lay down and stay perfectly still it feels like i might pass out. Of course now that I feel so weird I start to get a little panic.

The thing is I go from feeling just a little more relaxed to overboard... No matter how much or little I smoke the second time it happens.

Am I smoking to much? Or is this what being high is supposed to be like? People tell me that it just feels really good and stuff but for me its not really.

I would like to know hat being high for you is like (Dont tell me to use the search function, I have already gone through some of the threads and didnt see any experiences like mine)

I am still kinda a noob obviously and would love your help. Thanks.

2. Your first few times being high will likely be very powerful experiences. Cannabis is a substance that alters reality, and to someone who has never experienced this, it can be a little overwhelming or scary. The ill effects you are feeling I believe are simply due to anxiety. Weed heightens anxiety and can make you feel all sorts of things. No one gets exactly the same thing out of it. The best advice I can give you is to just relax and make sure you breathe.

For me the high is less of something that makes me feel good (although euphoria does present itself quite often) and more of something interesting and thought-provoking. I enjoy listening to music and observing and enjoying the change in consciousness.

Once you can overcome your initial fears regarding the plant, you'll be able to enjoy the many positive things it will surely bring you.

3. I dunno man that seems kinda fishy. When I smoke I just get relaxed and play some video games, I cant really explain my high, just an extremely relaxed state where nothing bothers me. I have had something like that happen to me twice. Once I ate WAY too many brownies (it was my first time) and everything was all kinds of messed up, I couldn't stand and ended up not moving for 8 hours. The second time I had been drinking a little, I know your not supposed to mix but I was kinda feeling in the mood at the moment, and I snaked a couple hits off someone I didn't know, bad choice, and like 5 minutes later I was stumbling all over the place, shit was moving everywhere, and I started throwing up, I ended up not being able to stand and my friends had to pour me into a car and once we started driving I threw up again cause the movement just killed me. Anyways I think the second time it was laced with something, is the guy you get yours off of legit? Or are you joining in a friends toke? Sometimes some people will lace bud with stuff to add weight so they can get more money out of a smaller amount of bud. If you're joining a friends session I'd take it easy and only do like two or three hits until you reach what you call your "first stage" and then dont smoke anymore. If that stage feels good to you stay there, there's no need to succumb to pressure just cause your friends are smoking more. Sometimes it takes longer for your body to adjust, eventually if you stick with the smaller hits you'll find that you wont feel as "high" anymore which is your signal that your body has adjusted and you can move on to smoking a bit more until you reach that comfortable point again. But in general if you find that if you keep getting really messed up regardless of what you do, it sucks to say this, but weed just might not be for you. Try brownies though, I've never heard of anyone who's had a problem with brownies unless they ate too many (oops :rolleyes:). Hope it all turns out well for you in the end. :smoke:

4. it's just because you're new. You gotta relax and know that weed isn't going to do anything bad for you. Once you get a little used to high, and assuming you know that it's not going to do anything bad so you don't get anxious about it, it just makes everything way better.

5. Get high, and try watching a movie to have your brain focused on something, and wait for the fun :)

6. Actually I have a card... It helps with my anxiety a little bit. More so than any pill ive tried. So I legit stuff.

7. So it sounds like im just new an I have to get used to the way it makes me feel...

8. Yeah, it takes a while for your tolerance to go up so that you have more breathing room in the dosage area. Just keep the dose low, unless you feel adventurous and want to try something different. If you want to experience more then make sure you have the night planned out, like a plan of watching a movie, eating something you have prepared in advance, and just listening to music should go well. Being you are prone to anxiety, you should go slowly.

Sammy

9. Since you have a card, maybe the weed you get is too strong for you? I would smoke less weed and build my way up. You should also ask the guys at the dispensary what weed is good for anxiety to get some stuff that really helps your anxiety.

10. Go outside to a park or something next time you smoke. You will forget all about those bad thoughts and be intrigued with the "bright colors" of everything around you. :D

11. Stay in the shade if you decide to smoke outside. As the warmth intensifies the buzz. It sounds to me like your weed may be too strong. I suggest going down to a lower grade of medijuana. Also try smoking from a pipe. That way you can just smoke tiny bits at a time until you are having a comfortable buzz.