Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is it still legal for cops do do sting ops (where they approach ppl and try to sell)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by RetarrrdedTexas, Apr 17, 2011.

1. watchin an old episode of cops, where the cops are running a sting op, they wait for people to solicit them for drugs, or they ask passerbys if they need dope... they sell it to them, then they arrest em...lol is this bullshit still legal? i highly doubt it.. this kinda shit was so fucked up..:rolleyes:

2. Yes its highly illegal, thats why they film them selves doing it.

3. They are above the law. They can do anything they want pretty much.

4. Yep, still legal.

5. its still legal for the COPS to sell you drugs, then arrest you? i mean this episode is from like 1980,

i know it's still legal for YOU to sell dope to a cop, and then they bust you... or marked bills, or a wire, etc..

but in this ep the cops are the ones doing the selling.. just busting buyers..

6. #6 Zer0 AM, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    And who's gonna stop them? They enforce the law afterall.

7. Yup, both are legal.

8. i know, it's so fucked, lol they just tackled a dude, then charged him with resisting :hello: way to go mr. pig, wish you'd hide that erection however..

9. lol i wonder what would happen in courts if you told the cop you were making a citizens arrest on him, for drug possesion/distrobution....

(i know the answer, you'd get a nightstick to the head)

but still, that's so fucked it's legal for the cops to possess/sell the drugs, then bust the buyer. lol..

10. Nothing about the war on drugs makes any sense....so why should this be any different? :p

11. Yeah pretty fucked up. Actually very fucked up. Especially when they do stings in places that are all cracked out. Leave those poor people alone already they have enough problems.

12. #12 GutteralShiva, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2011
    I would love to make a citizens arrest on someone. My brother used to study law and has a bunch of books I could read up on it. But knowing how corrupt the system is I would probably be the one put in jail. Like if you harm someone breaking into your home. So much bullshit. Can we all just riot and revolt soon?

Agree. I used to watch dog the bounty hunter and get so pissed at the entire thing. The only people he goes after are people in near thirdworld living conditions smoking half gram rocks and small time prostitutes. Like those people are the scum of the earth and they really have no real criminals to go after.

13. oh man i know, the entire war on drugs is being fueled... by, the war on drugs...all the cartels wanna do is make money... and there's so much demand here, they will not be stopped.. they outman the police, they outgun the police, and they have unlimited supply of drugs/men/money... it just cant be won..

we shouldnt even be fighting it.. obviously there is a demand... we should be taxing it..

14. They probably smoke the weed they "sell" afterwards. Fucking cops man.

15. Only way you can beat the cops and the war on drugs is to get out and actually vote!!!!!

16. oh it's coming... oh it's coming...

oh and on the person breaking into your house.. that's like the only good thing about living in Texas, well that and we got hella cheap pot prices.. here you can shoot someone breaking into your house, and get off scot free... (castle law)

17. Hah, yeah you know the war on drugs is a failure when all the big time dealers actually want everything to remain illegal.

18. So it comes down to entrapment. They cannot put you in a situation where you have no choice but to go along nor a situation in which they are ASKING you to commit a crime. The simple offer of "Do you want dope?" isn't entrapment. The case of "Here. check this shit out! Want some?" would probably fall under the definition of entrapment. I'm no legal expert by far, but just what I've observed.

19. lol yep, if it was legal, and cheap... (shit it's cheaper now to buy from the illegal dealers, then it is dispensarys) the cartels would be outta business.. (well they'd go legit)

20. Pretty much. Using entrapment as a defense almost never works.

Usually it's the cops word against yours.....who's the court going to believe? :rolleyes: