Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it safe to smoke out of a pop can?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tittybullshitty420, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Is it safe for your lungs?

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

2. Smoking out of an aluminium bowl adds other nasty chemicals to the smoke. It would be worse for your health than smoking from a normal metal bowl.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Don't think so man. Probably not worth it :/. You should save up for a nice spoon pipe, they're cheap.

4. Fuck no, don't smoke out of cans or tinfoil. If anything make a pipe out of safe metal from a socket or something. Save up for a glass piece, they're fairly cheap (around 10$ for a bowl) and glass beats everything.

~ Stay Lifted

5. YOLO hit that bitch like mary jane owes you money. Don't fuck with my motha fuckin monay.

• Like Like x 2
  6. The problem is with the coating on the can... they have chemicals on the surface of the metal to print the label.

Socket in cap, make a waterfall/gravity bong.

7. once or twice in a pinch won't kill you, but not a good thing to make a habit out of.

• Like Like x 10
  8. No your lungs will get aids

• Like Like x 3
  9. This man knows whats up, Its fine if you really need it but the lining on the outside of the can is toxic so i wouldnt be using it reguilarly

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yes it's fine once in a while if its your last resort like they're saying but no it isn't SAFE FOR YOU LUNGS. Which was the question.

~ Stay Lifted

11. Make an apple pipe.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Haha we done this once or twice in our early days , thinking bout it now makes me feel like a crackhead

We've all done questionable things when it comes to MJ lol

14. I was reading up once and it said that pop cans are a tiny layer aluminum then plastic then aluminum again

15. Go buy some papers they are like 86 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  16. The cumulative effect of doing it is what will get you. Every now and then is okay. I'm sorry you have to do that though. 

17. What is the risk of aluminium as a neurotoxin?  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24779346

"Aluminium is neurotoxic. Its free ion, Al(3+) (aq), is highly biologically reactive and uniquely equipped to do damage to essential cellular (neuronal) biochemistry. This unequivocal fact must be the starting point in examining the risk posed by aluminium as a neurotoxin in humans. Aluminium is present in the human brain and it accumulates with age. The most recent research demonstrates that a significant proportion of individuals older than 70 years of age have a potentially pathological accumulation of aluminium somewhere in their brain."

Unreported cardiac arrhythmias in aluminium worker.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23906291

"In case of occupational Al exposure, inhalation is the main route of uptake. Chronic exposure to Al is associated with skeletal, neurological, hematological and lung changes."

Have you ever looked at aluminum foil that's been through a fire? It is thinner and more fragile. Where do you think those missing bits of aluminum went?

Aluminum, once it gets into your body, is very hard to remove. that is why it is cumulative!  Once or twice won't hurt you that much, but it is not a good practice!

Invest in a little $10 glass pipe, for goodness sakes!  Using a soda can makes you look like a little "get-high kid"!   [​IMG]

Granny

• Like Like x 6
  18. I'd worry about the plastic linning.

19. Granny has spoken, just buy a bowl.
    Or make a safer homemade piece, there's plenty of healthier alternatives than an aluminum can.

~ Stay Lifted