Is it safe to order seeds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by dc1994, Nov 27, 2008.

1. i always hear stories of people ordering seeds off the internet, is it safe, i mean will i get caught

2. It's fairly unlikely but nothing is impossible. The worst I've heard happen in a while is that people just get their seeds seized by customs, so you're looking at possibly losing the dough you put up for the seeds...

3. thanks, do you know if customs would start an investagation or something like that

4. I HIGHLY doubt it, but if you are really paranoid just send them to a buddies house or to a P.O. box or something. Good luck man

5. alright thanks man i just needed to be reasured about it cause i never ordered offline b4

6. Well, if you are going to do it, NOW is the time! Simple math. They have "X" number of inspectors to look at all the mail. Around Xmas the amount of mail skyrockets! The poor inspectors are overwhelmed! ;) Your stuff gets through!

Mother's Day and Valentines Day are also good for ordering.

And if your seeds DO get intercepted, all that happens is that you get a green letter saying "If you want your contraband, contact us at__." See, it would be SO easy for your "mortal enemy" to order seeds in your name in hopes of revenge! So PROVING that YOU ordered the seeds is kind of tough and unless it's a LOT of seeds, usually not worth the hassle!

If I were to get seeds, I'd do it now!

Granny :wave:

7. #7 cantharis, Nov 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2008
    Many seed banks use stealth methods to disguise the fact that the packet contains seeds, the seeds are hidden inside another item.
    The seed banks forum is probably the best place to go to ask about that.
    I send peyote seeds regularly to the US, I just put them in padded envelopes, always seem to get through, but they are not as distinctive as MJ seeds.

8. cantharis you grow payote where u grow your bud?

as for ordering seeds offline.. i placed a order saturday night from a reputiable seed bank and got the stealth shipping... we will see what happens.. ill be sure to let you guys kno if i get em or not

9. Never did Peyote bro, but I always wanted to...what's it like?

10. Never got enough adult plants in one place yet to try it myself, I am working on that. But it prolifically produces seeds and is a nice little earner. Peyote is totally legal here, and American cactus growers are keen to get some, as it is BANNED in the US - like most things it seems. Jeez, those guys even tried banning alcohol once !!!

11. I imagine peyote is more high maintenance than cannabis. Or is it similar as far as light and soil requirements? Sorry about getting off topic here.,.

As far as ordering seeds there is lots of info...
    I am batting 1000 with drchronic.com and seedboutique.com

a few fundamentals:
    Never send to your grow address, get a willing friend.
    I always use money orders...just get them from Walmart or somewhere like that. Takes longer because the vendor will wait to ship seeds until they receive the MO. (I hear pay as you go credit cards are good too and you don't have the wait)
    Both the above companies stay in touch via email so you know when they received payment and shipped back to you.
    In the comment section of my order, I always ask for the vendor not to break open the breeder pack sealed at the seedbank. This way I know for sure I got what I paid for.
    Every time I ordered, I got a different stealth technique...always pretty well disguised.
    Now would be a good time to order as it IS the holiday season...lots of mail means less chance of getting popped.

12. Cacti are generally LESS maintenance than MJ, soils do not contain manure, I use loam and sand mostly, with a bit of lime for peyote. Lots of sun is preferred, naturally, but they can go without water for months if you want to take a holiday.