Is it safe to make a pipe out of a hockey puck?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by TheLastRebel, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Hi there

so i have a bit of a situation, i had a really cheap glass hookah/bubbler thing that i have been using for sometime, unfourtantly today was its last, as it got clogged to the point of hoplessness.

Anyhow, the metal bowl is salvagable if i cut it off the usless downsteam, as well as the hosses and suction piece.

My question is, if i drill some holes into this old rubber hockey puck and make an improvised piece out of the spare parts i already have, will it be safe to smoke out of or will it posion me?

I will upload the finnished product, likely sometime tommrow for judgement

All answers or better suggestions are appreciated

2. Just don't burn any of the rubber and you should be fine. 

3. I wouldnt and please dont. A puck is small, the flame would be close enough to the rubber for it to be harmful. Smoke could possibly be hot enough to release carcinogens from the rubber. Either buy new glass or buy a <$1 socket piece and make a gravity bong.

4. clean what you have been using. soak in iso to dissolve resin then run a pipe cleaner through it.

5. No way man! No matter what type of puck.roller or ice that's a dangerous idea. Those things gotta be derived from petroleum plastics. Haha ive played hockey for so long and never thought of this

I meditate before I elevate

6. its broke man, all thats left is the bowl and the suction piece/hose

7. I wouldn't bother messing with that bro. Way back in the day I saw a "How' It's Made" on hockey pucks and the amount of shit they put in it is insane. I wouldn't wanna mess with burning any of that.

Just go to a smoke shop and get a cheap ass piece. If that's out of the question, make a water bottle bong. It's simple. 

Stick the bowl in the hose end.

9. oh shit well then i wouldn't use the puck unless you could get some kind of metal piping to put in the whole you drill so the rubber fumes wouldn't get to ya if it burns. you could also just stick the bowl you got on a bottle or something depending on the size and make a g-bong. couldnt really say without knowing whats at your disposal.

10. hmm smoking out of rubber/plastic.

Not safe.

11. Plastic water bottle bong can be dangerous too if you burn and inhale the plastics... I've only heard of one death by these plastic bottle bongs... But that death proves the bottle and puck to be dangerous smoke tools

12. For real? I didn't know that.. I used to always make them back in the day.

13. apple pipes man... easy to make and natural  :smoke:

14. This is exactly what came to my mind.  Just use an apple.  Soooo easy to make all you needs an apple and carving utensil.  Google it or search GC

This is always what I do if I loose/break a bowl

15. Why don't you find a suitable piece of wood and drill two holes one on the top one on the side for a simple pipe... you could even reuse the hose if you like.

16. #16 Spezza19, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2013
    Vulconized Rubber.
    made in czechoslovokia.

per my screen name.. im a huge hockey fan but dont do it.

Attached Files: