Is it really worth it?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by PMoney, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Recently i have found myself pondering my own existence and its significance. We are but a spec in the vast wonders of our universe, yet dont act as such. The human ego is something that has infected us all. The thought that a tribe of mear cavemen could come up out of the muck and turn into the hard working, hard thinking man that we see today, especially in the science and education realm, must be a truely inspiring story for the kind of attitudes we take towards it. We have blown ourselve up into a mass of geniuses, groundbreakers, and philosophers. (We are the mighty human. after all, we are on top of the food chain.) Such attitude signifies nothing more than ignorance. To look at our great universe containing clusters of galaxies, stars and distant planets with most likley beings of MUCH higher intellect than our ridiculous excuse for a species and claim we are the most intellegent is absurd. having had bad experiences with the music world (several failed bands because of people who just didnt give a fuck), im questioning my efforts towards having any sort of meaningful existence whatsoever. Is it too much to ask to just sit in a room and exist for the rest of your days? i find much more attraction to that than of the terrible rat race in todays human culture. I guess ive always found myself to be a loner, but i digress. being manic depressive i guess im not too suprised at my negative thoughts towards living, but thats no excuse. i have to deal with that because its my problem, and smoking buds have definatley helped out. i guess you could say im a junior wash-up. a former peoples man to quiet loner. but thats just who i am, apparently. i seem almost ashamed at the fact that im trying to find myself. why? who knows. and now im rambling.

sorry.

any thoughts?

2. Even if we don't matter in the universe, you matter because you're you. You need to cherish everything, and when the bad times come, you got to tell yourself that you're special because you're a unique individual. Even if there's a billion parallel universes, each one with another you, if you appreciate your own existence, then yes, it's worth it.

3. don't waste your time bro, try to enjoy it. depression sucks but there are good things out there:wave:

4. You've got a Budha avatar; you should check out some Buddhist scripture. Nirvana isn't some far-off land; it's a state of mind. Buddhism is two main things: reaching a state of intense understanding while, at the same time, attaining a deep sense of compassion. From what I can make of that, I think it's saying you realize what's going on in the universe, along with all the bad, but you forgive people (and yourself) for your shortcomings that perpetuate our collective suffering. :smoke:

5. #5 Viperpantera, Nov 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2009
    The human existance is no more than what the mind makes out of it, you being alive was not in your concious but now it is. You can live it up, or sit and write reviews on Grasscity.com. The hatred and evil humans posses are simply that, they are. We can only seek knowledge and make the best of it, or at least to our minds extent, good luck man