Is it ready

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Nunyabuisness, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Running out of warm weather fall is upon me. What you think?

Attached Files:

2. Youve got to be the 20th person to put up this thread today and your plant looks just like everyone else's. It needs about 4 more weeks.

This is what flowers look like when they are ready.

P3170367.JPG P3020289.JPG P3020294.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. There is so much mixed answers about temp outside. What should I be worried about. I'm afraid of loosing my hard work to cold weather.

4. Yeah thats a real risk most growers face; but if you harvest to early you end up with a pile of shit that smells like hay and just gives you a headache. Most years i see snow around october first- Outdoor simply isnt an option for me unless i had a greenhouse or did autoflowers. The risk of cold wet weather is mold/bud rot. And obviously frost will destroy them overnight. As long as its like 40 at night, 50 in the day, you should be ok still. Putting fans on the plants would help, just get cheap box fans or whatever- if they get rained on and ruined, its not a big deal. Also after it rains, gently shake the water off them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Where are you at? What's your growing zone? What's your first frost?

Here in Denver most years you'll get two or three weeks more before the frost. Usually October 10th.

Frost will kill the plant, but you can harvest right after that. If you are far enough south without a frost you can go full term.

You could use temporary greenhouses to get a few more weeks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. A lite frost won't kill a pot plant VOE

• Agree Agree x 1

7. I'm in zone 6a-6b our first frost isn't considered to be till Oct 10th.

How much longer should I give them.

8. By the looks of the pictures- as long as you possibly can.

• Like Like x 1
  9. You got till the 10th then. Maybe a little longer. I'd let the first frost come, but be ready the next day to harvest. Frost will kill the plant, but won't hurt the flowers. Most outdoor growers I know here harvest a few days after the first real frost.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Thank you

11. I have grown down to freezing for a few weeks. Some plants can handle it some turn black lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Should I be putting a tarp over them or something to keep them dry. I'm afraid of loosing the plant to mold. I feel sometimes it has this smell to it that I say smells like melon starting to sour. My friend said it smells like lemon. The plant that smells all its fan leaves are starting to turn yellow. The flowers the size of my hand.

I grew some inside last year that gave me hardly anything. These are 8ft tall and 6ft wide.

Attached Files:

13. This is my second grow and my first huge outcome. There 8ft tall and 6ft wide. I don't want to loose my hard work. Lol

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2

14. Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Harvest just before the first predicted hard frost / freeze as that will kill the plant. It'll only get better / stronger right up to that point.

Are you spraying BT for caterpillars ??

BNW

16. What's BT and I haven't sprayed it with anything. Should I? I'm a gardener. I love gardening vegetables. I spray them with incestidial soap. It's safe for vegetables and to eat its basically water and dish soap mixed with some pepper

17. BT is Bacillus thuringiensis
    BT Thuricide.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Effective only against Caterpillars. They eat some treated leaf and die of indigestion.
    Destroyed by sunlight in a few hours it is the lowest risk agent we can use against the little shitters.
    Left uncontrolled they can ravage your plant and every dot of shit forms a nickel sized blob of spreading mold.

Running a bug zapper nearby helps as well. If you have moths in your porch light you've got caterpillars in your buds.

BNW

• Like Like x 1