Is it possible to...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DopeMan460365, Feb 20, 2007.

1. grow out of a fish tank? I'm talking 1-3 plants here for personal use, my idea was to put some sort of mesh about 2 inches from the bottom of the tank to allow drainage and then make some sort of pump, then fill the rest of the tank with soil and replace the bulb with a Flo. I require your wisdome oh mighty growers!

2. I'm no expert but the grow guides do stress having ONE plant per pot.
    Your idea doesn't sound ideal...pots aren't really that expensive.

3. what_size_fish_tank?

4. I don't know the exact size, its not small, my brother grew 6 plants in it.

5. you could try dividing it into maybe 3 sections (depending on its size ) and just grow 3 plants maybe.but like that guy said above plant pots are dirt cheap anyway ,plus ive read in a few places that the roots dont like light and in a fish tank there gonna get light .....seems like a load hassle having to cover the tank etc .

6. its_probably_doable_then._i_would_steer_towards_a_DWC_set-up_since_your_strarting_with
    a_water_tight_aquarium._but_soil_would_be_a_little_cheaper.

7. Aero you wouldn't happen to have MSN would you? Your givin good advice here and you could prolly walk me through some stuff.

8. Hmmm good point, right now I'm trying to make a check list of things I'll need (And hopefully I won't have to spend a shit load of money) I'll look into it. Also, I was told throwing a few worms in can help? Fact or fiction?

9. no_DM_i_just_got_AIM._ive_been_trying_to_get_my_system_together_in_the_last_couple_weeks
    now_i_just_need_plants._definitely_could_be_done_on_a_budget

10. Fix your space bar or get a 5 dollar keyboard, lol

11. haha_ya_i_actuall_hadnt_thought_of_that_since_i_have_a_laptop_but_USB_keyboards_are_hella
    cheap._thanks_A