Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it possible to permanently ruin your receptors/tolerance?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by chodespode, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Hello all, i have an odd question, i no longer get high from weed, the medicinal benefits are still there but its not worth the money to me so i am quitting for awhile.

I began smoking back in october, previously to that i have never smoked weed in my life, the first few times i really didnt get high... like most people...

I was smoking from this shitty little 10 dollar metal pipe (gross) so i decided to go buy a bong, upon hitting the bong (packed with some medical grade blueberry kush) I WAS FUCKING RIPPED after 1 hit. For hours i thought i was somply in heaven.

After that i started smoking every single day... i figured why not i can afford it, it doesnt give me hangovers like alcohol and i enjoy it a lot.

I only really got high a handful of times after that to be honest.. I have taken several small t breaks all 7-10 days.

After the t breaks were up i got decently high for one day and one day only.. after that it was back to me feeling nothing at all from the weed. (keep in mind i only smoke colorado medical grade from the top recommended dispensaries in my area... the stuff i smoke now is way better than that blueberry kush i smoked on my first time also.. however it simply does not get me high.)

This is very odd to me... im not fat.. im 6 foot 1 inch tl, 182 pounds and i go to the gym every single day and drink nothing but water and eat a very healthy diet...

isee people on this website all day saying 2 day tolerance breaks give them an insane difference... what is wrong with me? i barely have any fat and i take 10 day breaks and see the tiniest changes that only last a day.

Is weed not for me?

Not sure if anyone else has ever experienced the impossibility to get high from weed but i just thought id ask... perhaps i just shouldnt smoke weed?

2. #2 SunnydabudKing, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
    They will take you away to a lab facility and you'll become a lab rat under their control. They want to know why you're super human!

Lol jokes. It's all mentality and how you control it bro. There is however a point where you smoke more than your body can tolerate. You're just a heavy hitter :). Welcome to the club.

3. noooooooo you cannot you receptor simply recieve and exspelll it just takes longer the more and more often you smoke for them to process and exspell all that shit. most people over kill on marijuana and end up with a huge tolerance just after a couple sessions. you really only need a few good hits when you tolerance is low not a while blunt to yourself

4. more bud or concentrates. try smoking out of a pipe or blunt. different ways of smoking give you different highs.

5. Wow man i totally feel you, and its really got me bummed out in all honestly :confused:...
    its like the only way to get high anymore is to smoke an extremely excessive amount, or to take a 1-2 week tbreak, which after ONE single high, its back to having this stupid tolerance.. what do i do :(? I smoke high grade stuff as well if your wondering.

6. Really? Switch strains and watch the magic unfold......

7. I have noticed that being high is different...

I used to go so fucked up from smoking weed I couldn't even handle it. Then I started smoking daily, I still get high but it is different. No loss of motor skills or anything like that. I even quit for five weeks. When I started again I got pretty ripped but it only lasted like 20 minutes. Then it was my normal high.

I think it is normal for you to get used to the effects of marijuana!

8. Correct, just like any other drugs you ingest/inhale. You're body DOES create and recreate the same immune response as the very first time you blazed. All in all, we need that immunity! Try smoking different strains/different methods :D.

9. Just about every time i pick up, it happens to be a different strain. Appreciate the response though :)

10. Smoke a joint or a pipe and you'll probably be ripped. If you still don't get blazed, take a good t-break like a month or more.

11. No problem boss, I do have one other suggestion though. It's fairly new shit I've been trying but for 'legality' purposes I can't post it here, if you want you can inbox me and I'll tell ya what I'm talkin' about ;).

12. iswitch straisn every single week and notice nod difference from this either.. sativa one week indica next 50/50 next... doesnt help.

13. PMme also please if you wouldnt mind!

14. How about you try edibales?

15. tried tons of edibles, rice krispie treats cookies firecrackers cheeba chews etc etc etc etc

16. How much are you using each time? You aren't swallowing a lot of the smoke or anything are you? Maybe your body just requires more than some people.

17. You can still get high - simply smoke more out of a intense tool. I have a PURE bong, about 3ft with 2 percs and a ash catcher.. I smoke doadies/dank daily and the bong has me worthless after a few bowls.

18. Try packing snaps of that dank in your bong. Just torch the whole bowl, packing with your finger as it burns. Once the cherry goes out, everything is burned and you can clear it. Don't suck it through like a normal snap or it tastes worse and wastes a bit of burning nuggetry.

If that doesn't do it, you can get an oil set up and start making BHO. BHO made from dank is real nice in terms of potency. A ~.03 dab will have you feeling good and you get about .12-.13 per gram if you are effectively making it and using dank. Even more. Tastes great too.

19. yes yes, i have 2 fine bong pices, they never had a problem getting me high the first time. my most prized bong is my sovereignty stemline 18 inch bong.

and i always pack snap hitters and no i dont swallow my smoke into my stomach, i know how to inhale properly lol..

20. it sounds like you smoke quite a bit, and 7-10 day t-breaks never really do anything for me... you might want to try taking a longer break