Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it possible to just, up and go?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Guest, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Before I begin, there's probably a better place I could've put this, but couldn't really think of any.

I'm fucking tired of my situation. Waking up every day, having to live in a house I can't stand, full of people I dread talking to. I'm not out of high school yet though. I want to go to Canada. Is there any way to do that? How much money would it cost? Can you get a loan just to move away? Can you even get a loan if you're under 21? I don't want to do it anymore. I know I have the potential to be a happy person, but I never will be if I have to stay here. Every day, it becomes more and more painful. I want to escape. I want to go off of the social grid. I want anyone and everyone I know, to only have me as a memory. I need to do something. I couldn't think of anywhere else to go for advice or information. I hate my friends, my family doesn't understand anything. Thanks GC.

2. Do what you need to do to make yourself happy. You really should try to finish highschool first though. Just make small changes in your life to get away from those you hate. Like start going for runs to get Away from your family if that's what you need to do. Lots of people go through this same thing. Your not alone. Once your done with highschool it will be easier to
    Move away to whereever you want. Try finding a job before you move though. Going tocanada might be difficult because, If I'm not mistaken you need a visa to live in another country for an extended period of time. What's bothering you though? Why do u hate everyone?

3. Wow that sucks bro. I take it that you're 18 right?
    I was in the same position you were in, and so were my friends. What we did was that we all got jobs, and rented an apartment all together. Shit was awesome!
    But you hate your friends, so I guess you would have to pay more if you wanna live on your own...

4. You poor thing. You have a bed and a roof, there are people who would kill for that and you're complaining about it on a weed forum.

-__-

5. You could probably take out a student loan once you finish high school. But idk about moving to canada , not sure if they'd let you if you have a loan out.

Hang in there and make it through the tough times, you'll come out stronger than before.

6. Words of advice,
    Smoke bud. Think about everything. Start trying new things out, kick it with new people, maybe you're just growing up.. A lot of us turn into someone we never thought we'd be. Just gotta clear ya mind.
    :smoke:

7. First world problems man. Like you don't have any?

It is possible, and you will need between 5000 and 10,000 bucks to be considered for immigration. Also, there is a quota of 250,000 immigrants /year in canada so there could be a wait. Get a temp visa and go from there.

8. I do, but i'm not melodramatic about it and whine. He's in highschool...don't we all remember how awesome highschool was? He's just a kid diving too deep into his own self pity, just giving my opinion on how he needs to put things into perspective.

9. That's correct. That's actually a good idea for the time being. I'll see if I can round up a few people I'm able to bare and do that.

Thanks for the advice to the rest of you. Except for that guy in the middle. You can't really judge my situation over the internet. Especially considering the fact that I hardly gave any details.

10. I think about every day I think I would like to go back to San Francisco.

11. high school... dont worry bro. your young and it sounds like you are an emo kid.

12. If you're in school (college not high school) its REALLY easy to get student loans, they practically hand you 5 grand just for asking. If not you'll definitely need your parents' help.

Edit: Lol I just realized you're still in high school... If you don't have a high school diploma you can't do shit besides curl up and die.

13. I would just try and get some friends that you like bro, maybe shit will turn around for you

14. high school lol, don't worry, things start to clear up once you move out of the house and head off to college/job/etc.
    A stint in the military helped me, although you can't smoke weed in it haha

15. Careful, man...Once you go off the grid like that completly, there is a chance that you won't even remember who you are...In some damp, dark woods and nothing on your back but a t-shirt with Iron Maiden on the front, who the hell knows where your pants are but they are definitely not in this evil, wretched forest.:cool:

16. You have food and water, you are not allowed to complain about anything. Everyone knows that :rolleyes:

17. Do you ever help anybody? :smoke:

18. It's possible to get up and go and say fuck it all.

I don't have the courage to do it however.

19. I felt like that in high school. I moved about an hour away, closer to the city and I go to University now. All I needed was a scene change and to meet some new people, (I've met some of the best people I've ever known) and I feel a hundred times better. Lots of teenagers get the idea that they need to pay a shit load of money and get far, far away, but a lot of the time it's just as good to move a little bit. The place you've lived in for a long time can really get you down, but it's not like that everywhere around you.
    Get a little outside of the bubble and see what you think.

20. #20 TrueNirvana, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    This..... every thread....