Is it possible to have Republican views and smoke pot?

Discussion in 'General' started by RatedRKO16, Oct 31, 2015.

1. I'm just curious because the more pot smoking I've done, the more liberal views I've got. It may be a coincidence and something that's more to do with me just getting older, but I noticed in the past couple of years of smoking pot regularly, I've been more objective when looking at things and changing some overall views of the world.

I guess if you were a super liberal before, maybe you could see some more conservative view points by smoking pot regularly?

What have been your guy's experience with this? Either your own or friends. I'm genuinely interested.

2. Thats because when you smoke pot, it turns people from a stupid person into a smarter person.
    Dont end up like donaldo trumpez! Smoke smoke smoke till your stoned TO the BONE

3. Weed has nothing to do with political views

4. My dad is a die hard republican and he smokes. I lean slightly left of center.

5. Pot shouldn't haven't anything to do with politics, sadly enough due to the current legalities of it pot is in politics. Personally I hate the idea of parties, no ones views are the same, therefore everyone is independent. Maybe if people payed more attention to what candidates and people were saying, instead of just automatically agreeing because they fall in the same party of you, then we wouldn't have so many asshats in our government, both local and federal. Believe what you believe, not what some political party says you should believe

6. Yes. It is possible.

7. Yea no matter what political persuasion there all hypocrites with double standards!

8. Rare is the instance that a person subscribed and endorsed ALL planks of a party platform. So yes, one can certainly believe in many of the Republican party planks and still use or be OK with people using marijuana.

Remember also that many people are far more centrist, viewing elections as being a choice between the lesser of two evils as opposed to actually liking a particular candidate. Personally, I am fiscally conservative and socially liberal. I want tort reform movements to continue but I have no problem with the death penalty when properly applied, which is NOT the same as believing that every capital case warranted the imposition of the death penalty.

9. I smoke and I lean right. I actually don't like the left, at all. I hate that they have a monopoly of sorts on the stoner vote.

10. #10 PatrickXy6dC, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    I don't know if I'm liberal or conservative. I'm an NRA member, don't believe in gun control. We all should be armed to the teeth. I am voting for Hillary or Bernie. I've smoked cannabis since1968. I figure the Democrats are our best chance of legalization, or at least getting it off the dangerous drugs list. I'm a lifelong Democrat, but this is the first time (at 62) that I've financially supported a campaign, worn T shirts and put up signs.
    My views on abortion have changed over the years. I marched in DC for Roe vs Wade a long time ago ( smoked on the steps of the capital). Now that birth control is so readily available I would like to see more responsibility from folks who have sex. I still believe in a woman's right to choose, but feel like you get one "mistake" then should know better. Again, I fully support a woman's right to free choice, but sometimes regret the results. Too many children for people not even equipped to take care of a pet. I'd like to see men take more responsibility in preventing unwanted pregnancy and supporting their children.
    Police in many areas seem to have gone out of control. I have respect for law enforcement, but cannot support grown men tossing teenagers about and shooting unarmed people unless they are TRULY in fear of their lives. They have access to Tasers, beanbag rounds, rubber bullets. Why these brutalities? I am an older white woman and don't behave in risky behavior and doubt I will ever have a serious encounter with LE., if so then one word- Lawyer and silence.

11. Be careful though. You might open up a wormhole and reptilian overlords will come through time and space to smite yee who carries republican views and smoketh the tree.

12. Lets see is it possible for you to use common sense while high? If your answer is yes then sure you can be conservative.

13. I don't think pot smoking has any correlation to being liberal. You're probably just getting more common sense as you get older. Some people tend to lose their common sense with age and regress to supporting conservative ideology.

14. Some of that 'conservative ideology' that you seem to oppose actually IS common sense...fiscal conservatism IS a good thing.

15. Is it possible to do two non-contradictory things??

Maybe...

16. you may be liberal but dont necessarily have to be a Democrat

maybe u should form your own opinions instead of following a list of opinions set by a political party

fuck democracy, go technocracy!

17. Sorry, I should have put conservative in the topic instead of Republican. I get use to using them interchangeably, but I know they're not the same thing.

Pretend that never happened.

18. #18 TheSuperApe, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2015
    Liberal and Republican are not either/or opposite political views.

If you mean can you be conservative, then yes. Yes you can.

19. Fuck this. There's no such thing as a liberal or a conservative, democrat or republican, etc. I own guns and I have a CCW. I also have never hunted. I'm an agnostic but I have a real problem with the use of abortion as a form of birth control. I also can admittedly have a bit of a bigoted side to me, even though I myself am part of a minority group. On and on and on.

People are full of hypocrisy, not excluding me. I just hate it when people feel like they have to identify and classify themselves into some neat little political envelope. There are so many people who say they're something (Lib or conservative) down the party line, yet in their heart of hearts they know they're full of shit. For example, a young woman might swear up and down she's a conservative republican and constantly preach her "views" to others, including abortion, yet she'll omit the fact that last year she had an abortion because she didn't want to fuck up her future by getting knocked up. That's just a hypothetical scenario, but you get my point. People are people. You all sit down at some point in the day and take a shit just like I do. Even the president does. I do wonder however if he wipes his ass with dry paper, looking at each sheet to see how much shit is left like most Americans do, or if he's intelligent enough to use a bidet like I am.

20. Pretty sure it was Reagan that said it, but that weed was dangerous because people sat down and would read and think.

But anything's possible.

[​IMG]