Is it possible to grow in a rented house?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Respec, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Hey everyone,

I'm renting a house next year. Would growing, say, 6 plants in a room permanently make it smell like weed? We would have enough space, but would it be a bad idea if we do not actually own the house?

Thanks everyone

2. Check the renter's rights for your state. Make sure that your landlord has to have a 24 hour notification time before entering into your home. Post your renters rights on a wall in sight when walking through the door. That way if your landlord did come in you have legal proof that they saw your rights upon entering. Change your locks to the room in which you are growing. Make it to where you cannot get in without a key on every entry point. Take precautions for smell such as carbon filters, one plant WILL make your whole house smell. Make sure your intake is correct! It also helps if you have some sort of ONA product within the room. If you have a pesky landlord I wouldn't recommend it at all though.

3. Yeah man you can do it. It permanently make the house smell inly while growing so carbon filter is a must.

I've been growing in rental house for almost 5 years now

One tip, have a truck or money to rent a uhaul if you need to move things. I've torn a grow down moved everything and had my landlord over the next day, after he left room went right back up.

Just be ready for anything

4. Thank you very much for the response.

I guess the main problem would be the smell. In an average 1500 sq. ft house, would there be any way to contain the odor of 6 plants to just the grow room? Is that even possible?

5. Very possible get a 6 inch inline fan/ducting/carbon filter and that's gg. I would go into detail but there's tons of posts on how to set it up.

6. Sounds like you have alot of research to do man..... yes its possible, I mean its the only way to grow you must learn to contain the smell.

Have you read every page of every sticky in the grow section?

7. I am growing in a rental. Obviously there are things to consider and be careful about. But, if you do it right, the smell should be the least of your worries. Are you going with a tent, or the whole room?