Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is It Possible To Get Off Of Diversion/probation Early?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ryguy93, May 10, 2014.

1. #1 ryguy93, May 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2014
    I've been on diversion now for a little over a year of my 2 year sentence. A year and three months to be exact. When I reached my year mark they put me on "unsupervised diversion". I've had no violations, did my community service, paid all my fines, took all my classes and passed every one of my UA's. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this "Early termination" of diversion and if so, how did you do it? what are the steps that I need to take? Its been horrible being on this for a year I really cant imagine being on it until next march. I just want my fucking life back already. I paid heavily for a stupid mistake i made in high school; i had just turned 18 and was smoking weed with a buddy of mine who was 17. I got charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor which is a felony here in colorado. Naturally I took diversion as a way to have this not stick on my record. Please, no "dont smoke with kids"  or "you're an idiot" I'm well aware of the mistake i made. Just some helpful insight or advice would be appreciated. Please help! 

2. 2 year long diversion? Never heard of a program lasting more than 4 months in Oregon. Unsupervised probabtion here means as long as you don't get arrested or caught doing something illegal, then your good to go, but if you do get caught, the fullest extent possible of the original charge goes onto your record. Heavy fines and a ton of wasted money on the diversion that no longer counts

3. Yeah it must be different here. Same rules, but different sentencing. By the way I love your quote hahhahahahah!

I'm in Oregon too, had a friend who got diversion for a DUI. I think it was a year to start, but I remember how after that it was a constant stream of "I'm supposed to get off diversion this month! ...oh, no they added another month for no reason". He didn't fail any drug tests, was obeying all the rules, they just kept coming up with reasons to extend it and he had to keep shelling out money for it every month. 

I can't remember how long that went on for, at least a few months, but I assume it all depends on the person in charge of your case and how much of a dick they want to be. :confused_2: 

5. "I paid heavily for a stupid mistake i made in high school; i had just turned 18 and was smoking weed with a buddy of mine who was 17. I got charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor" Ugh, what the fuck, charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor just because you smoked with someone who probably is a few months younger than you. Fucking baffling, I'm really sorry that happened to you man and I hope you can get your life back to normal very soon.

6. You know what? Thank you so much. You don't realize how much that means. Most people criticize me instead of showing a little sympathy for such a bullshit charge. I wasn't even aware that it was a crime. Let alone a felony, I nearly shit myself when they told me. But yeah, I'm almost done with this shit. This silly justice system thinks that this will stop me from ever smoking again. When I get off of this shit I'm coming back with a vengeance!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #7 BurnAFewDown, May 10, 2014
    That's interpreting because I was on diversion for a dui and it was only 4 months, that's the general sentence across all treatment centers from what I've heard and what my lawyer has told me, some are only 3 months. I know 6 or 7 ppl that have gone through the same thing and the only times it took longer than 4 months was when ppl failed a test. The court system gives you a year to complete it and your not technically off till the court says you are, but the test stop once you finish the program. I'm curious what situation you friend was in that made it take so long?

8. Haha thanks bro, I think its pretty funny, your the first person to mention something about it in like a year, so appreciate it :D

9. #9 BurnAFewDown, May 10, 2014
    I definitely sympathize with you homie, the court system blows been through it too much for fucking bullshit things, not a single violent crime. On probo for a year and a half starting soon, it fucking blows. Don't know how I'm guna go that long without smoking. 4 months for diversion felt like a lifetime, fuck 18 months

10. I was on probation a couple times and both they let me off a few months early of 2yrs..its really just up to the officer but you can bring it up if all your fines are paid...they really only care about the money

11. yeah, its bullshit. They charged an 18 year old who was brand new to the world with a felony for a non violent crime. Don't worry too much about it dude. it goes pretty fast if you keep yourself busy. Its the first 2 months and the last 2 months that suck the most.

12. how early did they let you off?

13. Yup I can see that. Just sucks that the incident took place 5 months ago, could already be down to 13 months by now

14. and thats another thing! It took them a total of 8 months to sentence me!

15. That's rough as hell man. I've been on my lawyer telling him to get the ball rolling, should finally start here soon.

16. I dont know about today's laws. In 1977 I was caught with a kilo of mexi-brick. I was 17 so there was no jail time. I was put on probation for a year. I kissed ass and made sure I was not caught breaking any laws. Have not been on probation since then.

17. #17 lazytoker, May 10, 2014
    do all the things they command you to do, and pay all the moneys... then you fill out an early release form type thing, or write a letter. then they review your case and let you off early or not. talk to your officer

that's weird tht they are piss testing you on unsupervised.... normally they don't

18. Yeah keep your head up man. It only sucks for a little bit.

19. Oh okay, thank you Should I go through a lawyer at all? But they arent testing me regularly. Actually, they havent at all since ive been on unsupervised but my po has advised me that she can and may test me when she gets a wild hair up her ass.

20. Yeah time has flown by since then. Didn't smoke for 3 months after the incident to be clean for when it started, time flew by, but then realized it wasn't going anywhere so started smoking again for a month. Stopped 2 days ago. That first 3 weeks-month after stopping is absolute hell, gets easier from their but sucks while in it.