Is it possible to dry buds outdoors?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by jswanny47, May 13, 2012.

1. I decided to grow a small outdoor crop this year on some public land. It's only a two plant crop, and assuming at least one of them turns out to be female and survives the harsh Minnesota summer and my lack of skills, I have realized I do not have an area to properly dry my cannabis without being exposed to the people I reside with...
    Any suggestions? It's far away, but it's a pretty big thing to figure out. The only thingnI have thought of is maybe getting a big plastic container, hanging the buds inside that, and drilling some holes and covering them with mesh so they can receive airflow and keep bugs out. Any input helps, thanks....

2. [quote name='"jswanny47"']I decided to grow a small outdoor crop this year on some public land. It's only a two plant crop, and assuming at least one of them turns out to be female and survives the harsh Minnesota summer and my lack of skills, I have realized I do not have an area to properly dry my cannabis without being exposed to the people I reside with...
    Any suggestions? It's far away, but it's a pretty big thing to figure out. The only thingnI have thought of is maybe getting a big plastic container, hanging the buds inside that, and drilling some holes and covering them with mesh so they can receive airflow and keep bugs out. Any input helps, thanks....[/quote]

I would say no. Its just too harsh outside. Bugs. And weather.and animals. I wouldn't

3. Im in the same boat op, but im going to use a very large plastic storage container, cut holes on the smaller rectangle sides, screen it. The airflow outside shud help it dry faster and im your neighbor in souther wisconsin! That shud help u out a little

4. If it was grown good you can dry it anywhere (that meets weather requirements)
    It just may not be safe

5. [quote name='"evilaaron999"']

I would say no. Its just too harsh outside. Bugs. And weather.and animals. I wouldn't[/quote]

I hate when ppl get all uppity about bugs n shit
    Some of the best bud is grown organically in soil. Organics require life and bugs. I don't care what crawled on my bud nor my tomatoes or apples its nature it happens.
    The thing is bugs are only an issue on weak plants because then they infest and turn the plant into a home but great outdoor herb is not weak so don't worry about bugs. Screen ur shit up and enjoy a good smoke in a week or two

6. Yea I'm not talking like i know anything. I guess you can say i would just be really paranoid. Like because its dead/drying..

7. I'm my experience bugs aren't interested in drying weed. Bugs actually vacate the plant after you chop because their living food source is gone. I'm not sure why they don't like the dry stuff, but they don't.

You can for sure dry outdoors on site. You can get a camo or green tarp and toss it over a tree branch to make a drying tent. Or just bring in a tent if you aren't worried about being seen. Or you can bring in a big cardboard box and string a wire or string across the top to to hang the buds from....having the box open to the front so the roof blocks the sun and any dew. You should be fine. Good luck!