Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is it possible to die

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by shmoke, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Look he asked a legit question. The above the influence campain and school health programs etc. want you to think that people can die from it. They dont say is specifically cause its not true, but they put it in your mind. Saying stuff like it kills brain cells (though technically untrue because the test that said it kills brain cells was later found to be through suffocation and not THC), most emergency room drug visits are from marijuana usage (true but many of them are from fear and no direct threat to the body is done, as in your case), and lastly, my favorite one, they say smoking causes lung cancer, which hasnt been proven since they dont even know what causes cancer in the first place, they just have well educated guesses that turn up true on surveys. Plus no recorded case of lung cancer has been directly associated with marijuana.

Theres nothing wrong with the OP not knowing the truth, a lot of people in the US will be on their death bed thinking that marijuana is the anti-christ's weapon.....

2. man u snitched on your self u should be ashamed i dont even think i could handle smoking with a person like u

3. It is physically impossible to consume enough cannabis to kill you. You'd have to smoke about 1500 pounds in 15 minutes (according to the New England Medical Journal) to reach a lethal level. Of course, if you smoked that much you'd probably die when your stomach exploded from all the munchies you'd be gorging yourself on.

4. actually, you can overdose...except you would have to smoke 1250 lbs of sweet mary in approximately 15 minutes. good luck trying that

5. i wasan't actually meaning dieing from marijuana... i meant like panic attacks and extreme paranoia... now does this happen for the whole time your high or only part of it??

6. no, panic attacks/paranoia won't kill you unless you decide to commit suicide, which probably won't happen.

you're still fucking retarded for going to the hospital and getting charged with possession. did you have to bring the weed with you? they wouldn't be able to arrest you for being high.

7. op your fine man some people just don't remember what its like to first start smoking I hope you don't feel dumb for you questions because they are legit.
    It will go away the more you smoke it is perfectly normal.
    Next time you smoke try to make your environment as comfortable as hell. That way you can enjoy your high

8. Maybe he had another common newbie mistake (nothing wrong with that) and thought it was laced so he brought it in.

Dont call people retarded unless you know the full story.

9. damn you! i just coughed bong water into my bowl when i read this, laughed for a good 10 minutes to myself....probably only funny cause im really high though :p

10. HAHAHAA

oh man man..

gotta love these fuckin retards who think they can od on weed. they shoulda locked you up you stupid ass.

11. Yeah and that (i think) would only bring you to the LD50 which means you only have a 50% chance of dying from that....

You'd pass out, cough yourself to death, or go over the time limit before you could do that. I think you can OD on marinol though (synthetic THC).

12. Its nice that you can spread your joy to new members grow up

13. i dont even give a shit, -rep me all you want but this kid is a godamn retard. know your shit before you go making rational decisions.

[​IMG]

14. maybe it was what you smoked out of; heating up certain stuff produces bad fumes!

15. I'm sorry, but i'm high as shit right now, and this is the FUNNIEST FUCKING THING I'VE EVER READ! Why would you go to the hospital W/ WEED? As far as death lined to marijuana, ther have been none. Though, if you have asthma, I wouldn't advise smoking bud. A kid that I went to High School w/, was smoking weed at a party, and had an asthma attack, w/ no inhaler, and died. Seriously.

16. I used to get into little bouts of paranoia when I was more inexperienced and thought "sure marijuana wont kill you but your mind could trick yourself into giving yourself such a fast heart beat you could die from that or some other panic related thing".

But then one day I realized two things:

1. Your body is designed to save itself, even if you don't want it to. That's why its super hard to cut yourself to the vein on purpose, and why if you try suicide via holding your breath you'll pass out and start breathing again involuntarily, and many other things. You are an animal designed to survive. You are not going to "panic" yourself to death.

2. 40 million americans have tried weed...you think YOU are the ONLY one who got paranoid? If people could die from panicking on weed, we'd hear about it NON STOP from abovetheinfluence and anti-marijuana people. But it doesn't happen.

17. we've all been there, i remember that happened a few times back when i first started toking, best thing to do, stuff your face with munchies, and go to bed. if you cant sleep and trying to go to bed makes you feel paranoid talking to someone helps calm you down. you'll get used to being totally ripped don't worry

18. lol at you checking into a hospital cuz you were high and then get possession :laughing:

wow thanks for making me laugh out loud at your fail.

19. hahaha reminds me of one of my friends. some people just trip out if its really really dank bud or they arent seasoned tokers.. just a little advice, if u check urself into the hospital about a high heartrate, just tell them its from energy drinks or something.. :smoke:

20. perfectly put