Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it possible to be allergic to THC?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BuzzerBeater911, Jan 12, 2012.

1. I asked a buddy of mine to smoke with me sometime, and he said he's allergic to THC. According to him, the one time he smoked he had severe headaches and nausea for 4 days afterward. I guess he says he confirmed with a doctor that he is allergic to THC. Is this possible? Does anyone know anything about this?

2. Im pretty sure you can be allergic but highly unlikely. I could be wrong though :confused:

3. There are 400+ chemicals in cannabis, being allergic to one of them seems plausible, I doubt it's THC though.

:vapin:

4. I know somebody that is allergic to weed and her throat swelled up when she tried it. I don't know which ingredient she is allergic to though.

5. You can be allergic to anything. From water to your own blood. So yes, you can.

6. "Hey doc, am I allergic to THC?"
    *Doc thinks*
    "Uh, yes...."

7. I think he got tested or something. Not sure though.

8. [quote name='"BuzzerBeater911"']I asked a buddy of mine to smoke with me sometime, and he said he's allergic to THC. According to him, the one time he smoked he had severe headaches and nausea for 4 days afterward. I guess he says he confirmed with a doctor that he is allergic to THC. Is this possible? Does anyone know anything about this?[/quote]

Possible but unlikely.

He's probably a dare member and scared sober. Just try to coax him into it.

9. I have a friend who breaks out with rashes and all that if she touches it or her skin contacts it in anyway, but she can still smoke it without any problems.

• Like Like x 1
  10. [quote name='"GreyEclipse"']

Possible but unlikely.

He's probably a dare member and scared sober. Just try to coax him into it.[/quote]

Why? If someone doesn't want to smoke there is no reason to pressure them. That would just promote stereotypes.

11. He's not the type of guy who would be scared of doing it. He used to do a range of prescription drugs, cough medicine, etc. I doubt he'd be scared of trying weed...

12. Maybe he wasn't scared of the prescription drugs and cough medicine because it's "legal".

13. I have heard that you can be allergic to pot, but what it is exactly is hard to tell. It could be the plant itself, if so the thc is fine and a good hash or oil would work. IDK... good luck is the best I have.:confused:

14. [quote name='"No Heroes"']

Why? If someone doesn't want to smoke there is no reason to pressure them. That would just promote stereotypes.[/quote]

I didn't mean pressure him but if he is
    feeling negative about it to promote a positive vibe about it when around him, smoke around him with a good attitude
    Ect and maybe he will one day try it.

I don't know though, some people just don't like weed but lke other stuff.

15. It is very possible to be allergic to cannabis!

Allergy to Marihuana (abst - 1971)
    Allergy to Marihuana

Cannabis (hemp) positive skin tests and respiratory symptoms (abst - 2000)
    Cannabis (hemp) positive skin tes... [Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2000] - PubMed - NCBI

Allergic rhinoconjunctivitis caused by Cannabis sativa pollen (full - 2007)
    http://www.jiaci.org/issues/vol18issue1/13-17.pdf

Sensitization and Allergy to Cannabis sativa Leaves in a Population of Tomato Sensitized Patients. (abst - 2008) Sensitization and Allergy to Cannabis sativa Leaves in a Population of Tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum)-Sensitized Patients.

Allergic hypersensitivity to cannabis in patients with allergy and illicit drug users.
    (full – 2011) http://www.elsevier.es/sites/default/files/elsevier/eop/S0301-0546(10)00287-9.pdf

IgE-Mediated Hypersensitivity Reactions to Cannabis in Laboratory Personnel.
    (abst – 2011) IgE-mediated hypersensitivity react... [Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

16. No way. His new gf gets shrooms so he wants to have some sometime.

17. [quote name='"BuzzerBeater911"']I asked a buddy of mine to smoke with me sometime, and he said he's allergic to THC. According to him, the one time he smoked he had severe headaches and nausea for 4 days afterward. I guess he says he confirmed with a doctor that he is allergic to THC. Is this possible? Does anyone know anything about this?[/quote]

I don't think if one is allergic to something they would just get a headache and nausea...maybe he just smoked too much with a low tolerance...if his throat swelled or got hives or something then those are signs of an allergic reaction. At least to my knowledge.

18. I'm not allergic to THC, but im allergic to the marijuana plant. It's been getting worse and worse, so i had speaking suspicions, but then one day i kept my sack in my pocket and it got so bad i was wheezing.

If im not around weed for too long when im loading a bowl, its not too bad, but the longer im around it the worse it gets.

But i can smoke it just fine, if a friend loads a bowl or something.

19. if someone is that sucks

20. I am now very allergic to smoking weed, not sure yet about edibles/vape. I did try kief and it gave me the same reaction.