Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it possible for Grand Daddy Purp to NOT have purple nugs?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by StoneBuddha, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Originally I would think no. But my friend is telling me that he has GDP but the buds aren't purple :confused:

I just want to confirm before I decide which strain I want to purchase from him. I don't think he's lying, but it is possible that he was misinformed.

2. dude, weed is purple because of low temperatures
    if the man says it purp, and it aint purple?
    buy that shit. its probably actually really good

you could basically turn any plant into 'purple'.
    some probably not. but its not necc. a stain indicator. its just the way it grows

3. GDP can definitely be green. As long as it smells like purp, then it's probably something close to GDP.

4. What does purp smell like?

5. The purple can also be genetic in some phenotypes of some strains, for example you can have GDP #1 which always purples, no matter what temp, and you can have GDP #2 which wouldnt naturally purple, but you can force to purp with the temp. Both are the same striain, just different phenotypes :)

Imagine mixing the smell of blue and red, kinda like that ;)

6. Yea man. GDP Is one of the hardest to get to change purp

7. Hard to explain if you haven't smelled it before. It smells like the color purple would, if colors had odors. It'll be really fruity, but not like citrus fruits or anything, some kind of berry fruit. Can't really put your finger on it though, it'll be a mixture of a skunky and fruity smell. It just smells "purple". I probably sound crazy but I'm sure people can back me up on this.

8. #8 Bongsauce, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2012
    I have cut of gdp that turns fully purple with some direct light and a decent flush...but I've seen others grow my cutting and have it turn out totally green. Alot has to do with the skill of the grower and how well they flush.

* I totally agree that there's a 'purple smell' I used to think it was crazy....I think it has something to do with the way the auxins change when it turns puple...there's a definite change in color..so it's not hard to imagine that this change also produces a particular smell.

9. Thank you.

10. Like heaven :smoke:

11. Like god vagina

12. Yeah you can have purp strains that aren't purple or only have small spots of purp..purples usually have a very sweet smell/taste to them.

13. [quote name='"i GOT FiRE"']
    Hard to explain if you haven't smelled it before. It smells like the color purple would, if colors had odors. It'll be really fruity, but not like citrus fruits or anything, some kind of berry fruit. Can't really put your finger on it though, it'll be a mixture of a skunky and fruity smell. It just smells "purple". I probably sound crazy but I'm sure people can back me up on this.[/quote]

Yeah I totally get that hahaha GDP and ultra violet taste very similar IMO. Very purple lol

14. Imagine mixing the smell of blue and red, kinda like that ;)[/QUOTE]

LOL ^^

15. apparently the purple in REAL GDP is in the genetics

16. Yeah there's "purple/purp" that's green.
    But i would never call *insert purple strain name here* that's green purple.

17. #17 runthistown18, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2012

Coffee beans when in bud form.
    A Sour & Grape when broken down.
    Sweet grapish smell when burnt.

The sent will be 10x stronger compared to most dank buds, Reeks the whole room & hallway off a tiny piece bud. you'll definitely know. My brother calls it a "strong nauseating smell".

18. Purp, Purp, Purp, Purp, Yeah you know I got that Purp. Just made me think of that.

19. I actually just picked some grand daddy purp that's mostly green. It's fiiiiire, I'll post pictures later.

20. Any strain can be purple. Purple isn't always a big deal,and it honestly makes no difference in the nugs, except for smell and taste. A lot of people are excited over purple weed, and I personally am not. I prefer healthy, bright green plants, with amber trichs and long golden orange hairs.

All in all, it's the way it was grown, how long the grower flushed, and the phenotype in which the plant takes after.