Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it okay to smoke/Ingest cannabis without a gallbladder?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JuyJ37, Nov 7, 2019.

1. First off I have never used marijuana before. I had gallbladder removal surgery april 2013, and l still have some digestive issues as well as nausea from time to time. I really have 2 questions to ask.

#1 Has anyone eaten the edibles without a gallbladder, and were they tolerated well in the digestive tract, or do they cause some digestive upset?

#2 Could Marijuana heal some of the lingering nerve damage, and inflammation around my removal site?

2. I can't help you out on the first one but the second one could definitely be true! More specifically CBD and Terpenoids have a lot of anti-inflammatory properties:

The Anti-Inflammatory Properties of Terpenoids from Cannabis

Cannabidiol (CBD) — what we know and what we don’t - Harvard Health Blog

Cannabinoids as novel anti-inflammatory drugs

Cannabinoid Delivery Systems for Pain and Inflammation Treatment

I would definitely suggest consultating a doctor (although a lot of them are anti-marijuana for no reason so be weary of that).

3. 1- no problem, you liver will still produce bile to emulsify the fat content of any edible, so you should have nothing to worry about. The cannabis itself should not be an issue.

2- possibly, like the previous poster said it helps with inflammation, however only time can tell if nerve damage can come back. That has nothing to do with cannabis. It will aid in any digestive issues you have though. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nerve damage is healing, but very slowly. I guess the reason its inflamed is because its healing go figure. I know before my gallbladder surgery I couldn't stomach alcohol. Haven't tried it since. Just thought since weed is an intoxicant as well it might be the same idea. Eating it I mean.

5. The body processes them completely different so you're good dude. Perhaps smoke instead though then you don't even have to think about it.

6. Had my gallbladder removed in 2012. I eat edibles regularly without any gastric issues.

Today's Forcast... Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Amber.

• Like Like x 2
  7. If you don't have problems digesting fats you won't have problems with edibles. If you do then maybe edibles aren't the best choice as they may not be fully absorbed.

• Like Like x 1