Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it okay to bring a clean pipe on to a plane

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by insomniasucks, Jul 23, 2012.

1. I am flying to another state and want to bring a brand new unused glass pipe. No drugs.

2. I'd think so. Those pipes are legal to be sold in stores as "tobacco use" products. If it doesn't have any weed resin in it, I don't know how they could argue that it's intened to be used for weed.

3. 100%. As long as it has no weed rez or anything else illegal, then yup you can bring it. Where are you going? If you're going to Jamaica, they sell bongs and everything else you'll need at the airport LOL.

4. as long as they are 100% clean and new your good.

5. #5 thestonedstoner, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2012
    [quote name='"HerbJedenTag"']as long as they are 100% clean and new your good.[/quote]

This. I would perform the cleaning process on the pipe at least 3 times to make sure you get EVERYTHING out. For overkill, leave the pipe in iso alcohol overnight to allow more time for any residue to fully separate from the inside of the pipe.

Edit: wow I should have read your op, instead of jumping to conclusions. As long as it has not been used you're golden, if they ask you about it just say its brand new and you intend to use it for tobacco.

6. I am going to Hawaii. I can always buy one there if TSA would give me problems for having paraphernalia even if I claim it's for tobacco use.

7. I got away with it once. It was a clean bowl and put it in checked.

8. I was planning on buying a NEW $5-10 pipe which I would use there and throw away without bringing it back.

9. #9 thestonedstoner, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2012
    [quote name='"insomniasucks"']

I was planning on buying a NEW $5-10 pipe which I would use there and throw away without bringing it back.[/quote]

Yeah my bad I should have read your first post. I edited my post so you can read the edit. Also, you don't have to throw it away. You can clean it really well as I said, leave the pipe in a baggy over night with iso alcohol (a full 24 hours would be optimal). Then add salt (which acts as an abrasive to remove any extra residue) and shake violently for about 5 minutes.

Also TSA cant really give you problems about paraphernalia if it has NOT been used. They will find nothing if they test the pipe for thc and legally they would have to give it back.

10. yeah, you are fine especially with something new. I know the guys that runs healthstone glass does this all the time with nice pieces like toro's and 4.0. It just needs to be 100% clean.

11. Its glass and it doesnt go off in the metal detector i'd just clean it and walk through with it. Lol

12. Have you been to an airport? The technology has advanced a little past metal detectors haha plus the random searches. Walking through with it in your pocket will probably look kind of sketchy

13. putting it in my check in, hope i score some herb at my destination

14. ive been random searched and had a shoebox full of bubblers. all cleaned out and no problems at all. he asked me what they were and I said glass pipes, they are way cheaper out here (Portland OR, Saturday Market if ya know what I mean)

15. If it hasn't been used, yes.

16. May be frowned upon, but they couldn't say shit. And if they do say shit, they can't take action, only talk.

17. Yes I just did this a month ago and now have a nice bong! :bongin:

18. It was a success. I ended up finding a dealer at my destination and was able to get some dankies.

19. Just stick it in your luggage and don't bring it on your carry on and you'll be good.

20. Good for you man !