Is it ok?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by dougland, Nov 12, 2009.

1. I've got an inline tube with a tree perc, and I just hate how it gets so dirty, I clean it after each use, just ordered 2 bottles of Grunge Off, but when I rinse with water, the tree perc gets all foggy/wet for a couple days, any remedy to make it look brand new again?

Is it safe to put 91% iso in the tree perc, let it clean it, put fresh iso back in and then dump it out and let it air dry (using no water so there's no water marks). Is that safe for me and the glass?

TIA

2. the grunge off will work better than the iso. The piece wont get foggy if its completely dried after rinsing.

3. Isopropyl alcohol is what most people I know use to clean glass. If the glass is hazy from calcium build up, try Lime Away or some similar derivative. Just make sure you clean it very well after using any chemicals before smoking.

4. Thanks guys. The big issue is not getting it clean, but rather keeping the 6 arm tree perc from being foggy/water spotty. I thought i could just throw some iso in the tree chamber, let it clean it up, then dump it out and just let the iso dry up and do away with the water *since it leaves spots. Would that be bad to not use water after ISO? I'd be sure to let it dry enough.

5. I think you need to rinse it after the iso

6. In theory, the ISO would evaporate, but only if you provided ample airflow through the bong and plenty of time for evaporation. The vapor pressure for ISO is very high which means it is relatively volatile.

7. In other words, potentially I could, but it would be better to use water to be safe. Is that about right? I can't wait for my Grunge Off to come, I'm also going to go pick up some Simple Green and compare. Do you have to dilute the Simple Green at all? Thanks

8. I don't have personal experience but from what I've heard/read you should dilute it per the instructions however it's not completely necessary. In the long run even diluted it works so I would to save the money.