Is It Ok to...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Grassyblues, Jun 30, 2009.

1. soiless mix/genhydro flora, lucas formula/koolbloom
    veged them to between a foot to 18inches

so i am 3+weeks into flowering and they are doing great, almost too good, the problem i am having (if you wanna call it that) is roughly 8 of my 14 ladies are gaining weight pretty fast (in bud) and are starting to get a gangster lean going on
    am i ok to steak them up to keep em from bending/breaking too far? and if i am good to give the ones that need it support where should i tie them up, just a bare spot of stem? in how many places should i support them? just a spot near the top?
    thx for the any help you can give me
    :hello:
    :wave:
    :smoke:

2. Holy shit! What strain are they?
    Its hard to believe a 3 week flowering plant is topling over with the weight of their buds. Do you have a fan blowing on them.
    Anyway, just push bamboos into the soil (try not to damage roots), and loosly lie them up, anywhere below a node will do.

3. thx 4 the info man, yea there is/was/has been a fan blowing them around their entire lifespan (lighten it as they flower?)
    most of the ones that need support are either papas candy or white widow (clones) i got from a life long friend that were almost fully veged when i got em, and a couple are just kind bagseed
    my other bagseeds that seem to be mostly indica have tree trunks for stalks and are doing fine, no need for support
    i am sure i can let em go for a little while longer but i am almost positive in a week they will absolutely need it :eek:
    :smoke:

4. What lighting system are you using?

5. agreed and like john said delicate touch is the name of the game.

6. vegged under mhs
    flowering under hps (9 of em under a 600 and 5 of em under a 400)

from what i have read, papas flower 45-55days so im not too suprised:wave:

eva female seeds