Is it ok to spray neem oil directly on your plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by eastbaykushclub, May 27, 2012.

1. Neem oil directly on plants is it ok? And how often would i spray them?

2. You...could spray it directly on, I mean what you should do is take 3 cap fulls of neem oil, drop 1-2 drops of soap into the neem, just soap, breaks up the oil. Put in 1 quart of Luke warm water, not cold.

The neem oil does not really mix well with the sun, and can cause more problems, so you should spray it on the tops and bottoms of leaves before the sun comes up, about 3-4 hours before the sun comes up if you can, and if you just use the neem oil with the directions on the bottle, you will run into problems. I always see threads about people having issues after they used neem oil. I deicded to go with the neem cake but to answer your main question, you spray it right on the plants yes.

What are you using the neem oil for? I don't know what your need for it is so I can't tell you how often you should use it. If you have an infection spray ever last dot you see on the leafs to kill the eggs that hatch, that is if the infection is

3. I jus want a natural repellant because afterall this is the outdoors and my plants are open to diffrent bugs and critters that might come along so jus want a base repellant i could use to keep bugs away but in a organic natural way no chemicals

4. organics the way to go!

You can just spray it on once every watering. I've seen people spray it on every 4 days, my uncle uses neem oil after he used it to kill an infection, but he diluted it with something so it didnt make the plant oily, so it did not last very long. I would say, once every watering, or once weekly should be good protection, but once you use it you should be able to tell if you need to apply it more often. If you are in hot tempatures, you should apply it on days when theres not full sun shine, or heat because neem oil and hot hot hottt sunlight really do not go well together.

5. Try to just spray the under sides of the leaves

6. Don't hold back. Soak them bitches down. Just do it right before the sun sets and you will never have a problem. I use it on the whole garden. Personally I use it in conjunction with protekt liquid silica. Silica strengthens cell walls making it harder for bugs and fungus to eat and also boost the immune system of plants.

VOO

7. It's fine as long as it is diluted to proper strength. I use it all the time to kill fungus gnats and spidermites