Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it ok to put grinded nug on a scale?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by RipThatBong, Jul 27, 2011.

1. if its grinded does that mess up the scale... sorry just what i heard from a friend and i dont want my scale to be messed up...

thanks

2. Nope. Put something inbetween if you want to be careful, but make sure to zero it out after putting that something there.

3. What weights more, a pound of gold or a pound of feathers?

Sorry not trying to be a dick. Just couldn't help myself. no.. it doesn't matter. I've seen cheap ass scales beofore that will tare/not measure small amounts if you add on small amounts slowly. But that shouldn't be a problem if you know what you're doing.

4. Also to people who are using a low grade scale when measuring nugs try putting a coin on the scales and making it go to zero than weigh your weed on the coin , its much more acurate :D

5. Nah dude, you're good

6. Yes it hurts it, this happened to my friend-The fine dust from grinding the herb leaked into the ot receptor ( weight measurer) then started to eat away at the ky sprocket paint. Once the ky sprocket paint was finally gone, the ky sprocket got weed dust on it and went haywire.The ky sprocket started sending out wrong measurements back to the oc receptor which in turn made the weight measurement come out wrong. My friend did not like this very much so he decided to take it to a professional that can sell him spare ky sprockets and oc receptors. The professional said this is not the ky sprocket that is having the problem "it's your damn tk problomator." My friend asked how much a new tk problomator would cost him and the guy said about a grand but I don't sell them. We figured out the only way to get our tk problamator was to travel across the border to Canada. In Quebec we met a guy named Harold that gladly sold us the tk problamtor. As he was handing it to us though it unfortunately fell into a drain grate 20 feet into the pipes below.

Part 2

Luckily Harold had some fishing line and a sock. After 3 hours of fishing for the tk problemator we finally got it out. We asked Harold if he could install it for us and he said "No problem!" in his heavy Canadian accent. He started to install the tk problemator into the scale but stopped suddenly and said " where is the nh forfauceter?". We didn't have a spare but luckily Harold knew someone a Provence over that would gladly sell us one for 100-200 dollars. We drove 3 hours to the mans house in a back-country farm where he was sitting outside sipping bourbon. "We are here for the nh forfauceter" my friend said. He threw it to us and we handed him the bills and installed the last part. The scale worked but in the end cost us about 3,000 $usd$ all together.

Lesson learned, don't weigh grinded up weed.

7. #7 TheJSmoker420, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    The gold duhh

8. this could have been easily solved just by using a the tray/dish that comes with the scale. Or using something else you have at hand.

I never weight anything directly on my scale unless it's already bagged up, if not then I always use a tray.

9. [​IMG]

10. lol but yes it's fine to put grinded nug on a scale.

11. dont weight bagged weed unless you know what your bag weighs unless you got alot of money and you wanna jip your self and i use a beer pong cup to weight my bud i just put the cup on the scale turn the scale on it goes to zero then i drop the bud in then conveniently pore the bud in a baggie tie and there you go

12. Yes it damages them. There is also potential threat for a fire

13. whatt!? weighing in a bag. absurd. glad you're not my dealer.

OP, yes its ok to do. but use the tray that comes with it or some sort of container like a red solo cup (MUST BE RED -_-) to weigh it in. of course, zero it after pllacing the container on the scale

14. Grounded up weed weight= nug weight.

It's kinda like the pound of gold or pound of feathers thing, unless you happen to drop some of the ground bud or something it'll weigh the same as the nug it came from.

15. What is happening to common sense? Like really dude, how could that possibly mess up your scale in any way, or are you trolling?

16. It's a troll

17. It should't matter either way. As long as your scales are accurate then no problems.

18. yeah you can but its not as accurate. If i have grinded up bud I put a capsule on the scale zero it out and then put the grinded bud in there and put it on the scale. Easy! :smoke:

19. well now i know. isn't the forum meant for people to help eachother out?

your negative energy is killing my mood bro.

just go and rip that bong!