is it ok to flower a sick plant.....

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by badness, Dec 8, 2007.

1. IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_0030.JPG

this poor plant was transplanted at two months old due to low ph of bad soil. it has numerous problems from ph lockout. i put in fox farm ocean mix, but i was unable to get all of the old dirt off because roots were just breaking everywhere and i didn't want to kill it (i was very nervous). after two weeks since transplant it still is just not showing much sign of improvment. it's almost 6ft tall and i am tired of worring about it so i thought that i would start it's flowering cycle now but i don't know if that's a bad idea ( i am new to growing) due to it not being totally healthy yet. what should i do?? it keeps growing taller but the foliage is micro.

2. What is the pH now?
    The FFOF Soil should have enough nutes for a while so that you should not need to add any more. You can go ahead and go 12/12 now. The plant does not look all that bad. Since it looks sativa she will take a long time to finish. Try adding some epsom salt at about 1/2 TSP per gallon of water. I thought I saw some signs of magnesium deficiency. If it is not, the epsom won't hurt it.

3. the runoff was 6.3ph. yes it is a satvia (purple power), it shows signs of overwatering, overfeeding, N, Mg and Zn def. it looks ok to flower though huh, does it matter that the leaves are so small?

4. It can't really show signs of over feeding and at the same time have N, Mg, Zn etc deficiencies. It's one or the other. Give it the Epsom and see if it improves with that and just water.

EDIT The picture with your hand shows an over nitrogen leaf most likely from too much nutes in the soil. Since it is very mild, I still say yes, flower it. No other remedies are necessary unless you are dying to flush it. At six feet tall that better be a 6 gallon plus pot.