Is it ok to cut off one cola before the rest?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by zizou21, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Theoretically if one cola is more developed than the rest (composed of cloudy/amber trichomes) while the other colas still have some clear ones. Would it be ok to cut off that cola and begin curing it, allowing the rest of the plant a week or more to fully mature.

Thx for any facts/opinions on the matter :smoke:

2. Yes, if it is ready, cut it and dry it.

3. The rest of the plant/colas will be okay and its buds will continue to develop? :)

4. Cutting it could stress it and cause it to hermie although I would think if the rest was harvested soon enough you would not get any seeds, but pollinated smoke tastes like crap imo.

5. I cut off 2 branches that were coming off one of the main colas. How long do you think it would take for the plant to hermie and what are the signs I should be looking for to harvest it before it does?
    Thanks

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. seeds inside buds...personally id leave it alone...you've done all this hard work, just do a little more and end up witha super crop :)

7. You should be fine. If it does herm, yellow, male organs will come out of the buds. They look like bananas. Seeds don't form overnight, so if it does herm, take the rest of the plant down as soon as they show.

8. very true...

9. Come on guys... There is no possible way it would hermit fast enough to make any difference in the time between the branches are mature.

10. well it can...

for instance take a branch off early into flowering when your crystals show and you could end up with a hermie by the time you done flowering...
    (im talking weeks)
    at this point no it wont affect it to that extent, however if its true that in the final 2 weeks you gain a lot of weight why would you trouble the plant to try heal bits you purposely cut off?

it makes more sense just to let it be and smoke the rewards!

however this guy sounds like he is near end of flowering so it shouldnt be a problem, enjoy