Is it ok for plants to be very close to eachother/leaves touching very close?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by yeeeee, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Is it ok for plants to be very close and leaves touching almost like overlapping eachother just 1 leave overlapping ansother cause there close? Will this effect anything?

2. it will be fine as long as theres enough space for air to flow through. they can be touching but not so tight as to stop good air circulation. if they are to tight you could end up with mold problems etc throughout flowering and ya dont want that. gl

3. Don't want them crammed together, but yes you want a full canopy. Space between plants is space that the light falls on nothing. :eek:

4. well put fencewalker:)

5. you'll be fine - if you can, turn your pots or at least make sure that the leaves aren't transpiring under each other leaving wet leaves

6. I'm sorry for butting in...
    But I had read that at least some strains will compete if they are too close together. They had said that they will attempt to out climb the plants around them. I know that it was a blue diesel thread and it was some guy in Jamaica who was growing. I took this to heart and if you guys tell me its crap then thats one concern I no longer have.

7. i feel like that would be true if they were sharing a pot^^

8. agreed. roots can battle it out but not two plants in a seperate pot....not that i know of at least lol

9. Good looks everybody, greatly appreciated, happy holidays and I wish good karma to all of you!