Is it normal to get this high?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by jabazehutt, Nov 8, 2015.

1. #1 jabazehutt, Nov 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2015
    To start off, my friend has smoked a few times before with a little buzz and that's what he was used to, except once he had an experience similar to this, but not as strong. So when he was abroad, he smoked like 6-7 huge rips of some fucking holy bud with a plastic bottle bong outside with a group of friends. Where he lives, that dosage is normal because the weed is shit. So again, SWIM is used to this. But after 5 minutes, he started feeling really, really high, the laughing came after 10 minutes and stopped quickly after, because he also started feeling very dissociated. Getting high to the point that he could feel anything he wanted to, had an immense imagination and didn't really want to move. As the high got stronger and stronger and reached it's peak - SWIM realized he was getting scared, because the others were smoking more and more and he didn't want them to get as high as him (despite the fact that they smoked a lot more, they weren't nearly as high as m). His visual processing function was impaired, as he was seeing everything in stop-motion frames (probably because short-term memory was also impaired to 3-4 seconds max). He thought his friend was sometimes talking to him when he wasn't, or was seeing things that were not there - mild hallucinations (mild, but still the most overwhelming part of the high). He didn't want to be high anymore because the last time this happened to him, he got so paranoid he did some over-complicated shit that made no sense for anyone except him. The scariest part was that he could imagine to be anywhere, like he could look at his friends, and actually feel that he was: A part of a gang, on the set of a film shooting, in New York, on another planet, in a restaurant (even when we were outside) et.c. He could look at anything with such a different perspective that he could actually feel that he was somewhere else. Feelings of dissociation were getting stronger. He knew that if he didn't control it and remind himself every 2 seconds, he'd forget that he was not sober, where he was or even who he was. After this he realized he was leaning on a fence (which he frequently thought/felt was his bed) and was not moving for one and a half hours. SWIM got overwhelmed, ran up to his room and went to sleep with vivid CEVs and what not.

Is that fucking normal?

2. Yes that's fucking normal when you're a beginner and smoke too much - you'll ruin the whole experience. You can only make one first impression and you made weed make a bad first impression. an otherwise very nice lady.

dont try to show off, take one bong hit and tht's it. when youre more experienced you'll know whether or not you should take tht second hit

also you dont have to SWIM here

3. As I've stated above, SSSSSWIIIIIIMMMMMMMM was abroad and he's used to smoking a lot to get a little buzz. He didn't have a clue that weed could ever have dissociative effects.

4. my bad didnt read tht wall of text. what r u trying to do keep the mexicans out?

anywho let's get to the bottom of this mystery. did u eat anything within 5 hrs before smoking?

5. it's only normal to get (--------------------------------| <--- This high.

6. I like to get that type of high when I'm home alone, I'll take crazy long shower then go out in the yard and lay in the grass and look at clouds and have long spells of thinking about the formation of humanity

7. I don't remember, I probably did.
    Although I do remember that we drank 65cl beers right before.

8. #8 Deleted member 839659, Nov 8, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2015

65cl is barely anything

then again it reminds me of this little saying

beer before grass - you're on your ass
    grass before beer - you're in the clear

9. you really don't need to say swim here, you won't incriminate yourself.
    Weed can fuck you up, and I kind of miss getting really high like that.

10. I know it's hardly anything, although there is still some alcohol in the blood after 1-2 pints of beer.
    And as weird as it may seem, I've always liked drinking before smoking because it enhanced the high. Actually, the reason I drank a beer that day was that I wanted something more intense - little did I know that my definition of "intense" was more of a Sesame Street episode, and that good weed actually fucking existed in this world.

11. [​IMG]

12. Oh god, the stop-motion frames. I get those whenever I smoke a big bowl (.5 g for me) all myself and then try and walk home

13. The other day i tried shatter for the first time. Right before i tried it, i also tried wax for the first time. I had heard many stories about it and had saw people toke out of rigs before, but never volunteered to try it as i was just comfortable with my weed and had heard different things.

So i try the wax, i am insta-stoned. Like, it literally felt like i had just smoked on 10 joints. Buddy offers again, i decline. Then his other buddy walks in with shatter and offers me some, so i am like "Yeah, fuck it." and decide to try it. When i did, i did not think about "Ok, whatever happens here, i'm gonna be in that high state for like an hour and a half." i just kinda did it, and hoolllyy fuuuccckk, after a minute at the table i had to ask buddy if i could retreat to his couch! I was gone. I just remember sitting on the couch like "I gotta manage this shit for the next hour, holy fuck how am i gonna keep it together?!"

5 minutes later i'm shoutin' at the porcelain, thought i was in my own house, walk out to see 5 people i'm like "Oh yeah, im not even at my house."

Anyways, thought i'd share cause of your thread title. I didn't even read the wall of text.

14. #14 Stoned Newbie, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2015
    This swim guy just got really high lol

15. Yeah, you just got really high, mate. Nothing to worry about. I got that high my first time and it was fucken great. The funniest is when a friend says something to you, you zone out for a split second, go on some weird journey in your mind, then answer their question and then they say "Dude it's been like 10 minutes since I said anything..."

16. Oh god....the SWIM guy is back.....sheesh....

17. Bro, Its normal that actualy happened to me a couple of times as a beginner its hella random and its caused by anxiety and paranoia. He just got wayyyy high lol but to be honest the few times i was that blazed it was off of hash and wax.

I wish i can get that high again that easy haha

18. what were you saying when u were shouting lol