Is it normal that my leaves curl like this?? How can i fix it if it's bad??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Hellnex, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Im a beginner grower and i just want my plants to turn out the best they can. The first leaves curled a bit down. Is it normal or should i change something. I first thought it could be overwatering, but it isn't since i haven't really watered much and the soil is ok. Could it be humudity too high?? [​IMG]

Sent from my LG-H840 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. i dont see amy leaves.. those round things die off their like round seedling leaves. their is a name for them but thier not the plants leaves. your description sounds like your way over thinking it thier only a day old? im a super noob grow myself but from the pic i see i dont see anything but seedlings

Sent from my LG-D852 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your seedlings.

You should keep a check on over watering though, your soil looks pretty wet, i give those seedlings maximum 2 spoons of water every 2 days

4. Your seedlings are stretching meaning they don't have enough ligh. If you're using cfl's put them an inch or two away from them. If you're using another type of light I would still suggest getting it closer.

Also, get rid of the humidity dome, they don't need it.

First to third grow. From beginner to novice lol.

5. The humidity dome was for another plant lol. Im uding LED lights 450 W. Thanks man

6. The 450 led is definitely sufficient for this stage, if they keep stretching then I'd see about lowering the light.

If you're planning on using the same light throughout the life of these plants then it might be a bit on the low side for wattage during flowering since many led's are actually a fair amount lower than the specified wattage.

In any case it could work for the whole grow though.

So far there's really nothing to worry about though, they're doing fine.

First to third grow. From beginner to novice lol.

7. I was thinking about HPS or simply getting a 600 W LED panel.

8. I’ve been learning to grow for a little over a year. I’m still very new at this. But I do know that stretching like that so early in the game is a deal breaker for me. I have a lot of bag seeds to work with. I’m very picky in the beginning. I use to have a “save every one!” mentality but about six months into learning I discovered it’s much better to be picky in the beginning. I usually go in batches of about 6 and then keep the best 3 to 4. If you’re using CFL you need to get the light as close as possible using your hand to judge heat. Also you might want to put a small fan on them to start building their strength. Lastly, you got a long journey of constant worry if you’re already tripping a little bit. Breath and have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Is the strech too much?? They are about 2 inches tall and now i got them much closer to the light.

10. First I want to say again I am not an expert. I’m only a year in and struggle a lot. Mainly due to lighting. That said I think it’s really cool you have an interest in growing. I love it doing it.

Yes, for me, when they stretch like that in the beginning I have a hard time battling LST. Here’s an example of an over stretched seedling positioned next to one of my plants I started to flower last week. I hope this helps illustrate for you. IMHO if your seedlings came from bag seed and you have more I’d scrub them and start over.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm starting an indoor Germing now, I also hate that early stretch. I supercropped quite a bit in my last grow and plan to lst and supercrop to keep this indoor grow small QED bushy. So I agree with you on the stretch. Is this correctable tho if I surround the babies with ridiculous cfls very very close? Just until they develop true leaves and a stronger stem? Have you tried that before just tossing them? Or is that something your noticing in the genetics? And to the OP i'm pretty sure those curling leaves are called cotyledons. Mines curl and eventually fall off. Good Luck.

Sent from my Z798BL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. It’s not worth the effort for me to do all that when I’m working with bag seed. However, your suggestion exposing the seedling with a massive amount of CFL light towards a quick recovery would totally be worth it for a seed that had been ordered. Great advice.

13. Why can't you get a bigger pot and bury that seedling up to the first set of true leaves ? Then keep the light close , all that buried stem will eventually grow roots as well , ive always done that and never had a problem