Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it normal for a tincture to have a really strong alcohol smell

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by johncoo6, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Just wondering I just got a sour diesel tincture and you can definitely smell the alcohol

2. Yes it should because tinctures are made of THC dissolving in very strong alcohol. Tinctures have great anti inflammatory powers (take it for my perpetually dislocating joints) & some are non-psychoactive so you don't get high

3. That's what a tincture is! Alcohol is the base ingredient....

• Like Like x 1
  4. We make our tincture with 151 or 190 proof so an eyedropper under the tongue burns like a son of a, but dissolved in a beverage is almost undetectable..
    [​IMG]
    Most of this got reduced for RSO..
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. can a person get rid of the alcohol?. how does a person know if they're getting high from the alcohol or the tincture?

6. The alcohol is the Carrier-Solvent. An eyedroppers worth of 190 proof is not enough to feel. But you will feel the stone. Ohh yes you'll feel the High. Low dose users may only need a drop or 2 and mixed with some water or juice is undetectable.

Can be fully reduced to Tar-RSO removing all the alcohol. It's usually mixed with a cooking oil at that point to make it easier to handle and makes it a bit more bioavailable.
    Also known as a Solvent Transfer.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  7. thanks brassn wood...!!!..I appreciate your to-the-pointness.........well anyway the tincture I made with my magical butter machine was sitting in the fridge for over a year.....when I made the tincture a year ago - I made some chocolate candies and I got super dizzy and barfing - it was too strong!....so I've been hesiatant to try again...but I did try again last week ...I made some hard coffee candies infused with the tincture....my friend says it made him tired...and a little high...same with me....................so my approach to weed has always been if it gets you high ...bingo!...i've never really thought about indica versus sativa......what are your thoughts? :)

8. I don't get any real difference in the stone from the various plants I grow. Most are Hybrids and give me a very predictable stone day after day.
    If I want more stone I take another Hash capsule. :)

BNW

9. A person knows this because by time they reach 21 it's usually quite clear.

Forum rules 21+ to avoid things like this to the undeveloped malleable youth.

Atleast you can scower the interwebs free reign, unless of course your in China.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app