Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it me or is it the herb?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by wutwut, Jan 15, 2011.

1. When I'm high I shake alot, as if I'm cold. I feel like I can never fully relax while I'm high. Social situations are the worst too. I get so quiet and paranoid when I'm around other people, even if it's one person whom I happen to know. It's actually more like I get social anxiety.

I'm wondering if weed is just not for me and is causing me to get this social anxiety OR if I actually have social anxiety and weed has nothing to do with it (meaning if I cure my social anxiety then I'll be able to smoke)

Note: I've had a terrible panic attack/hospital high 3 yes ago but I've been smoking since then. However, shortly after my bad experience this got worse. I had real panic attacks when I wasn't even high. I guess ever since then I started to get real weird. Basically it's come to the point where I think if I take shrooms I'll definitely have a bad trip because I'm not open an relax enough to enjoy hallucinations.

2. It's probably both.

Weed makes you think. If you're over thinking things, and you have a tendency to have panic attacks, then eventually you're going to get hung up on that thought.

Sometimes you've just got to make an ass of yourself and be lively, especially in the social game.

3. I don't get panic attacks anymore but I do believe I have some level of social anxiety (or some other mental health issue).

4. I don't know about the social anxiety but, when i get really high i do start to shiver and sometimes i get kind of paranoid. it's probably just the weed.

5. I start shivering like that if I get too high.

You need to smoke less!!

First, start off by taking a few good hits, wait 10-20 minutes, see how you feel, and go from there at that pace.

Dont forget to stay hydrated during AND after smoking, and dont smoke on an empty stomach, try to eat a small meal or a healthy snack about a half hour before hand.

Doing stronger hallucinogens is not about how relaxed you are, because I feel like im very relaxed, but not ready to something like shrooms or acid, because I dont feel like Im mentally stable enough to benefit from the trip.

This does not have much to do with herb, besides the way YOU are reacting to it.

You seem to have anxiety despite use of the herb. I have that too, as well as social anxiety.

Sometimes I get vertigo when sitting firmly in my chair, talk about being on edge!

You need to take some time WAY before even packing a bowl to relax and get in the right mindset! get some water, have a snack(NOT junk food), find a safe, comfortable place to sit and start playing some music that you find chill. Do this everytime BEFORE you even prepare your smoke and you will have a much better time..

and in social situations, remember that if most other people around you are probably fucked up on some type of drugs(ie; at a party) then they are not paying attention to the little things you do.

I have a lot of issues with anxiety, especially social anxiety, but I still ALWAYS feel relaxed while high, as long as all the factors are correct(not dehydrated or in a stressful enviorment, etc etc) and have no real problems with the herb.

Remember that its all in your head man, because it really, really is!

Good luck, remember to RELAX before hand!

6. same here bro. I get the shakes every now and then. I kinda grew out of it though. I CANNOT go into a party blazed though. Those are meant for alcohol. Alcohol supresses my anxiety much better than weed in a social situation. I was in the same predicament tonight. My friends wanted to go to a party, I told them I was too high to even move (I didn't wanna deal with a big social situation).

7. I've been smoking about 4 or 5 years now and have the same problem...I think i do have some level of social anxiety and just deal with it, I really can't smoke with girls i am attracted to though, feel like i'll do something stupid haha. Alcohol cures me though haha

8. Thanks for the responses. Probably the only way I can smoke is if I'm alone. If I'm with other people, it's going to be extremely frustrating.

I do suffer from social anxiety but I cope with it better when I'm not high. Like someone said, it makes you over analyze everything and I'm assuming it's surfacing all the problems/issues that I'm facing when I'm sober (or atleast that's what it seems).

EDIT: I've been smoking for awhile and I have been in groups of people where I feel comfortable with but I still feel shaky and always worrying if everyone is as high as I am. Common?

9. Don't worry about other people.

10. If your smoking a heavy sativa and lots of it, it can cause the shakes for some. Especially if you consumed several times more than your regular consumption. Social anxiety is not caused by the weed, it's actually caused by your brain. I dare you to control it, if you really want to.

11. I want to get stoned and just simply relax all my muscles. no shakes. no worries.

Toke + Yoga ? Anyone?

12. I smoke weed FOR my anxiety. I have panic attacks here and there sometimes - not often, thankfully...

If you have anxiety I would highly recommend going to a therapist - it definitely helped me out and I wish I could afford one right now because I'd be going now...

But yeah, if you're smoking a sativa - those are considered bad for anxiety patients -you may want to smoke more of a hybrid or a straight indica.

13. Hey man, I know exactly what you're saying. This same kinda stuff happened to me after I had a bad shroom trip, and it's almost like you're worried some bad shit will happen again (at the back of your mind). What I've done is I've pretty much just stopped smoking unless I feel completely okay with everybody around me and in a good mood.

A good example: My ex-gf was totally awesome, but whenever she smoked, someone that gave me bad vibes was always around, so I wouldn't smoke with them. But I went to my friends house, and he's such a kind person and only surrounds himself with other great people that are intelligent as well as fun, I smoked without any worries and felt perfect.

So... I think it has a lot to do with who you're around and how you're feeling already. My favorite thing to chill me out when I'm worried is a funny movie like Bio-Dome, Grandma's Boy, or Pineapple Express lol.

14. anyone have any tips to realize the difference between reality and being high?

15. You need to smoke less, man!! Its teh only way. If your not going to take my advicethen this entire thread is useless.

16. Nah man, I took your advice.. Relaxed, drank water, attended my blood sugar with some candy before hand, got in the mood... toked and everything was great. I did something I love to do when I toke alone -- and that's walking around my city aimlessly, observing the community and nature. Sorta made me feel comfortable and I was very happy throughout my high, more euphoric than usual. Got some clarity too.

17. Good to hear that it worked for you! if its working for you and your enjoying yourself then KEEP IT UP!! cannabis is supposed to make you feel good. I love to observe things and people, people watching is fun to do while your high in almost any place!

:)

18. People watching is honestly one of my favorite hobbies. I suggest everyone do it. Just go to a busy spot in you city and watch on the crazies (everyone). It will make you think about humans, and how everyone judges everyone. It's human nature to judge people. That is what generally got me over my social anxiety when it was really bad. :wave:

19. I love people watching too. I smoke my pipe on trains and watch everyone getting on and off. I love when I get to see someone miss their stop, lmao.

20. yea I think it puts our society and way people run in it in perspective, it allows you to see how the everyday person is conditioned. And also how easy it is to judge someone even if you know its wrong in doing so(judging them from just seeing them, that is)