Is it me or are the forums getting hostile?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Txweedwoman, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Lately every thread I've read has to at some point becomes a war on who can be the most negative or rude to OP & others with their answers to threads.

So to remind everyone here about the power words carry please read the following & think before you post please:)

WORDS

Keep watch on your words,My children
    For words are wonderful things;
    They are sweet.like the bee's fresh honey,
    Like bees,thjey have a terrible stings'
    They can bless like the warm,glad sunshine.
    And brighten the lonely life.
    They can cut in the strife of anger
    Like an open two-edged knife.

Let them pass thru your lips unchallenged,
    If their errand be true & kind
    If they come to support the weary
    to comfort & help the blind
    If a bitter,revengeful spirit
    Prompt the words,let them be unsaid;
    They may falsh thru the brain like lightening
    or fall on the heart like lead.

Keep them back,if they're cold & cruel
    under bar & lock & seal
    The wounds they make,my children
    are ALWAYS slow to heal
    may You guard your lips
    From the time of your early youth
    May the words that you daily utter
    Be the words of beautiful TRUTH

Hey we are all here for the same reason so why fight? I've always said 'Put 2 drunks in a room & you'll get a fight over nothing, Put 2 stoners in a room & the worst fight you'll get is over who gets the last brownie!'

So think before you write & let's have fun - everybody knows the only good arguements are over politics & religion not MJ!

2. #2 Postal Blowfish, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2010
    screw you, man.

*insert five minutes of rants*

e: it should be obvious but in case it aint, i kid.

3. I think there's just too many people now, no matter what you post there is a large chance that someone is going to disagree with you.

4. Welcome to the internet!

This forum (as big as it is) is no exception, it seems.

5. It's summer. All the kids are home. :rolleyes:

6. Txweedwoman is so sweet. I <3 her. She always tries to bring peace&love&wisdom among these boards. What a hippie heart she has :p

7. Dude, there is diversity, therefore not everyone agrees.

Some people are horrible about expressing themselves.

But school is out... so there are quite a few rowdy youngin's on. :D

8. Bingo.

Just ride it out. :smoking:

9. *Pulls out switch blade*

Sup?

10. Yeah, unfortunately the kiddies are out of school now. :(

However, it's still not acceptable. Please report all of the hostility, name-calling, disrespect, etc... and also please report users if you think that they are indeed under the age of 18. If a post seems like it was posted by someone underage, who shouldn't be here, report them and we'll weed them out. For example, if a mommy grounded some little guy for something, then the chances of the little guy being at least 18 are pretty low.

So, help us help you and we'll get the negativity and immaturity weeded out. :)

11. As much as I think it has to do with the high schoolers gettin out of school. And they are all of sudden gonna have a shit ton of time on their hands, especially ones that can't drive or don't even have a car.

I think this whole disagreeing thing has a lot to do with it too. It seems like with so many new members joining everybody has their own opinion which is fine, but I think you don't have to be an ass when you disagree with someone...or even the person you disagreed with might be the type of person that takes that shit really personally. Which is stupid cause after all this is the internet. But hey whatever hopefully things will get better as people get weeded out of here and come fall.

It's a good time fall...all those outdoor growers gettin ready to harvest and all the kidz goin back to school.

12. I agree. Just like you and I had a little bit of disagreement on a thread but IMO, that is a good thing since there was no hostility and readers can now see more than one idea on the subject. We all have our methods, but there has yet to be any that end all others, so we have this forum to address our opinions and hear that of others. It never dawned on me that school just got out, but that makes a lot of sense because in the last few days, I have seen some really hostile stuff by people who can't accept the fact that we all have our methods and this is a place to share them with eachother. Good point

13. #13 NoobLonerStoner, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2010
    I've found that the city has a generally pretty negative attitude compared to other similar forums. I've seen it in both the mods and users on here, which you can't blame the mods if they're dealing with it on a daily basis, but it's still inappropriate. I've definitely discovered certain topics you can't even touch on here without pretty much being ripped apart for it. This being a forum that shouldn't be the problem, if you don't like a post you politely state your opposition or don't post at all, you don't harass the OP until the thread is closed by an equally hostile mod. I'm a reverend. I'm generally a very nice person, respectful, laid back, so I don't appreciate such attitudes. There's not much anyone can really do about it but work on their own attitude and how they handle things.

Thought I'd mention I do love grasscity though! Some great info in here for sure.

14. #14 HIGH IQ, Jun 12, 2010
    I would truly hate to see this sight become what another sports forum became.

People were ridiculous.

If you brought up something close to home people would grasp at any word or phrase in your arguement just so they could keep the arguement going.

You would know you were right, and some idiot would come out of nowhere with some irrelevant arguement, or some twisted up version of what you would say, and pretty much go on a bashing rampage.

I would hate to see the city become that.

On the other hand, I have noticed a little hostility in the forums, but I think its just lack of judgement or just bad apples.

The mods are way better here than at the sports site. Considering many of the sports forums mods were just as bad as the offenders. Im pretty sure GC mods have it together.

15. I'm not sure why you would think the mod team is hostile. :confused:

Should we be using more perky smiley faces when we say "this is against the rules"? :p

16. #16 RMJL, Jun 12, 2010
    While I'm glad you love Grasscity, I have to address your comment about one of our Mods being hostile. I found the thread you're referring to and I also found this quote by you within it:

The Moderator wasn't hostile. You admitted to your hostility in the thread but didn't mention it at all in the above post. You actually twisted it towards a Mod and put it on them. That's just uncool, dude.

I absolutely know for a fact that no one on this moderating team is hostile. I wouldn't have them on the team if they were. :rolleyes:

17. #17 HIGH IQ, Jun 12, 2010
    Ive dealt with the GC mod squad before. They are not "hostile". They answered my questions. I didnt see eye to eye with the reasoning of an infraction I recieved and it got worked out without problems.

The past forum I talked about, had snobby, somewhat hostile mods. That would not only PM you but trash you in the forums.

18. Oh, them goddamn hostile mods. I had one pull a knife to me once.

19. :laughing:

Yeah, if you don't watch it, we'll cut ya! [​IMG]

20. While, I agree that a small portion of GC members are hostile, and don't know how to conduct themselves in a mature manner when they have conflicting opinions *probably because they're NOT old enough to be members of GC in the first place :rolleyes:* The overall vibe of the city is positive.

I've been here almost 9 months and have yet to come across a post by a mod that's hostile and I'm all over GC daily. :smoke: