is it just me or.....

Discussion in 'General' started by lalamann, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Is it just me or the few times i decide to use the search function they are updating the indexes.

Ive only had to use it a few times before making a thread.....all 4 times so far its been during search index updating xD

2. lol funny thing, if the search function worked people could search and find we have like 45 threads around about how the search function has been fucked lately

however... search wont search when search isnt searching..... technology...

3. Yeah they have been "updating" the search function a lot lately. I use the new posts button a lot too so it sucks when they shut it down. It usually takes forever for them to come back up too.

The actual search function itself sucks anyways...

4. I dont think we are shutting it down... i think it keeps failing on it

I have never been aware of anything we are doing that keeps causing it hahahaha and it was never this bad until recently. I use new posts button like every 5 mins

5. I meant shutting down in terms of disabling it. I'm alway using the new posts button as well which is the only bad part about it.

I don't have a problem with a shitty search function other then when newer members make threads that have been done way too many times already and say they used the search and couldn't find the specific thread. :confused_2:

6. i can tell you this much, its not the search functions fault they cant find threads using the search function lol. Us who have worked in tech support would call that a PEBKAC issue.... Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

7. Meh...I'd consider myself pretty tech savvy and I have had issues with it as well before though too. It is what it is though.

8. On the computer you can see your subscribed threads but not new threads, on the app you can see new threads but not your subscribed threads! Wtf!!

9. I dont think the search works badly, theres only been ONE instance i couldnt find the thread a Mod was referring to.

It just bugs me that it seems to happen like once every 48 hours, (probably less, just seems like that cause im not always on GC)

i was mainly wondering wether its something the site caretakers/techies are doing, like actually updating things, or if its a problem lol